Message Groups and Group Sequence -1

magellings
I am using message groups with ActiveMQ 5.4.1 and when ending the group I'm seeing some odd behavior.

I run two consumers on Queue A.  There is a 200ms delay when processing a message.  I have a producer send 100 messages with group A to the broker with the last having a group sequence of -1.  The first consumer starts processing messages from group A while the producer is creating the messages, but as soon as the broker gets the message with group sequence of -1 that message gets sent to the second consumer, and then the remaining in the group go to the second consumer.

So the processing is out of order and all the messages don't go to the same consumer.

Is this expected behavior?  It would seem to make more sense if only messages created after the one with group sequence of -1 could go to the second consumer.  And if the messages with -1 gets processed last.

Re: Message Groups and Group Sequence -1

dejanb
Hi,

there were some changes in this area recently (like
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2952), can you try the
latest snapshot and see if it helps. If you still have problems, can
you raise a Jira with the test case?

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac