Master/Slave setup over Loadbalancer

black&white
Our Current setup:  https call to Loadbalancer--> LB forwards the request to
activemq node on http transport port.

We are trying to convert our setup to a HA solution using Master/slave but
we were not sure how we can use failover transport to include both the
master and slave nodes in the call as we have only Loadbalancer Hostname.

If anyone had used this setup, please let us know.

Re: Master/Slave setup over Loadbalancer

jbonofre
Hi,

Are you talking about ActiveMQ or Artemis ?

About ActiveMQ, you can take a look on one of my blog:
http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=936

I will blog about same behavior but with active/active using network of
brokers.

Regards
JB

On 21/11/2019 17:12, black&white wrote:

> Our Current setup:  https call to Loadbalancer--> LB forwards the request to
> activemq node on http transport port.
>
> We are trying to convert our setup to a HA solution using Master/slave but
> we were not sure how we can use failover transport to include both the
> master and slave nodes in the call as we have only Loadbalancer Hostname.
>
> If anyone had used this setup, please let us know.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Master/Slave setup over Loadbalancer

Tim Bain
You'd just specify the load balancer's hostname within the failover
transport's URI. When a connection is broken and a reconnect occurs, the
client will simply make a new connection request to the load balancer and
it will be the load balancer's responsibility to route the connection to
the currently active master broker, as determined by the health checks you
establish on the load balancer.

Tim

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>