Journal Problem

Fuzzo
Hi all!
The scenario is the following:
- one producer to topic
- two consumer

Sometimes i get the following error:

ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal: org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is less than the last mark.

This cause one or more consumer to receive the same packets a lot of times!!!
I think AMQ can't mark packets as consumed in the journal, causing infinite resends!!!

The configuration is:

<persistenceAdapter>
    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="15" dataDirectory="\\nasname.hidden.domain.it\sharename$\journal" />
</persistenceAdapter>

Please help me: this make AMQ unusable for me... :(

Re: Journal Problem

chirino
What version you using?

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Fuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
> The scenario is the following:
> - one producer to topic
> - two consumer
>
> Sometimes i get the following error:
>
> ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal:
> org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
> less than the last mark.
>
> This cause one or more consumer to receive the same packets a lot of
> times!!!
> I think AMQ can't mark packets as consumed in the journal, causing infinite
> resends!!!
>
> The configuration is:
>
> <persistenceAdapter>
>    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="15"
> dataDirectory="\\nasname.hidden.domain.it\sharename$\journal" />
> </persistenceAdapter>
>
> Please help me: this make AMQ unusable for me... :(

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Journal Problem

Fuzzo

I'm using version 5.1.0

Hiram Chirino wrote
What version you using?

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Fuzzo <mcuccato@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
> The scenario is the following:
> - one producer to topic
> - two consumer
>
> Sometimes i get the following error:
>
> ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal:
> org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
> less than the last mark.
>
> This cause one or more consumer to receive the same packets a lot of
> times!!!
> I think AMQ can't mark packets as consumed in the journal, causing infinite
> resends!!!
>
> The configuration is:
>
> <persistenceAdapter>
>    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="15"
> dataDirectory="\\nasname.hidden.domain.it\sharename$\journal" />
> </persistenceAdapter>
>
> Please help me: this make AMQ unusable for me... :(

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Journal Problem

Fuzzo
I think it is not a journal problem: it happens also with non-journaled JDBC persistence adapter with MySQL datasource.

I've tried both AUTO and CLIENT acnowledge methods in session's consumer but after about ten minutes... infinite resends :(

I've also downloaded the 5.2-...-39 SNAPSHOT: same thing :(

In log (DEBUG level), nothing to say...

How i can resolve this? Note that with 2 topic consumer, this problem appears more quickly rather than only one consumer.

Please help me!

Fuzzo wrote
I'm using version 5.1.0

Hiram Chirino wrote
What version you using?

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Fuzzo <mcuccato@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
> The scenario is the following:
> - one producer to topic
> - two consumer
>
> Sometimes i get the following error:
>
> ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal:
> org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
> less than the last mark.
>
> This cause one or more consumer to receive the same packets a lot of
> times!!!
> I think AMQ can't mark packets as consumed in the journal, causing infinite
> resends!!!
>
> The configuration is:
>
> <persistenceAdapter>
>    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="15"
> dataDirectory="\\nasname.hidden.domain.it\sharename$\journal" />
> </persistenceAdapter>
>
> Please help me: this make AMQ unusable for me... :(

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Journal Problem

gtully
best to thing to do is build a junit test case with an embedded derby
datastore ([1] may be a good starting point), open a jira[2] and
attach your test case.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/ft/JDBCQueueMasterSlaveTest.java
[2] https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

2008/8/29 Fuzzo <[hidden email]>:

> I think it is not a journal problem: it happens also with non-journaled JDBC
> persistence adapter with MySQL datasource.
>
> I've tried both AUTO and CLIENT acnowledge methods in session's consumer but
> after about ten minutes... infinite resends :(
>
> I've also downloaded the 5.2-...-39 SNAPSHOT: same thing :(
>
> In log (DEBUG level), nothing to say...
>
> How i can resolve this? Note that with 2 topic consumer, this problem
> appears more quickly rather than only one consumer.
>
> Please help me!
>

> Fuzzo wrote:
>>

>> I'm using version 5.1.0
>>

>> Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>>
>>> What version you using?

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Hiram
>>>
>>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>>
>>> Open Source SOA
>>> http://open.iona.com

Re: Journal Problem

Fuzzo
Unfortunately i have no time to do this things (i don't know JUnit )...

I'm trying with Virtual Topics: i forward packets from a Vitual Topic to two physical each with only one consumer.

I'll post with news...

Gary Tully wrote