JRE 9 Support

mprakash
Hi,

We are working on providing JRE 9 support for our product and found out that ActiveMQ depends on classes present in sun.misc package. It would be great, if you could please provide details about the jdk internal libraries dependency removal.

Thanks.

Re: JRE 9 Support

Justin Bertram
Are you talking about the ActiveMQ 5.x broker or the ActiveMQ Artemis
broker?

Justin

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM, mprakash <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working on providing* JRE 9 support* for our product and found out
> that ActiveMQ depends on classes present in *sun.misc package*. It would be
> great, if you could please provide details about the jdk internal libraries
> dependency removal.
>
> Thanks.

Re: JRE 9 Support

Tim Bain
Also, can you describe how you determined that there was such a dependency?

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you talking about the ActiveMQ 5.x broker or the ActiveMQ Artemis
> broker?
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM, mprakash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are working on providing* JRE 9 support* for our product and found out
> > that ActiveMQ depends on classes present in *sun.misc package*. It would
> be
> > great, if you could please provide details about the jdk internal
> libraries
> > dependency removal.
> >
> > Thanks.

Re: JRE 9 Support

mprakash
When we ran jdeps on activemq-5.15.0 jar, we saw that there were dependencies on sun.misc package although, we never faced any exception in runtime. When we re-analyzed we figured out that activemq leveldb is using sun.misc package. This is in ActiveMQ broker.

Thanks.

Re: JRE 9 Support

Tim Bain
Thanks for sharing that info, including the fact that LevelDB (which is
deprecated within ActiveMQ) was the specific source of the dependency.

Tim