JMSTimestamp and JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime not modified on redelivery.

JMSTimestamp and JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime not modified on redelivery.

Kevin Burton
Looks like both of these properties aren't changed on redelivery.

Which kind of makes them less valuable. In my situation I think I can only
really use them when the delivery count is 1.  Better than nothing
though...

--

We’re hiring if you know of any awesome Java Devops or Linux Operations
Engineers!

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>

Re: JMSTimestamp and JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime not modified on redelivery.

Tim Bain
I'm pretty sure the JMS spec describes how JMSTimestamp is handled, so
there's no flexibility there.  I'm not sure what value you'd want to use in
a redelivery situation, anyway, since the message isn't being created.
Would you want it to be the timestamp when the broker decided to redeliver
the message?
On Oct 18, 2015 12:27 PM, "Kevin Burton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like both of these properties aren't changed on redelivery.
>
> Which kind of makes them less valuable. In my situation I think I can only
> really use them when the delivery count is 1.  Better than nothing
> though...
>
> --
>
> We’re hiring if you know of any awesome Java Devops or Linux Operations
> Engineers!
>
> Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
> Location: *San Francisco, CA*
> blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
> … or check out my Google+ profile
> <https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>

Re: Re: JMSTimestamp and JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime not modified on redelivery.

Martin Lichtin
About JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime, as redelivery is typically done locally by the client/consumer, it will not change.
I imagine it should get updated in case of a server-side redelivery though.