JMS activemq protocol conversion that supports the message properties

JMS activemq protocol conversion that supports the message properties

tcarlyle
We have a software agent that uses JMS to publish messages to an Activemq topic. Part of the relevant information of those jms messages are set as "StringProperties" or "IntProperties" in the message by the JMS agent.

However, I need to subscribe to the activemq topics from Android and there is no JMS support on Android (as far as I know). I have looked into mqtt but the mqtt conversion of JMS messages seems to just pass the message content itself, not the properties set through "StringProperties" or "IntProperties".

From the protocols documentation (http://activemq.apache.org/protocols.html) it is not clear if XMPP or any other protocol implemented on android supports that. Does anyone know which protocol supports the conversion of those message properties and how does it convert them?

Cheers,
Thomas

Re: JMS activemq protocol conversion that supports the message properties

ceposta
Take a look at STOMP protocol. It does a conversion which honors properties
in the message.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM, tcarlyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have a software agent that uses JMS to publish messages to an Activemq
> topic. Part of the relevant information of those jms messages are set as
> "StringProperties" or "IntProperties" in the message by the JMS agent.
>
> However, I need to subscribe to the activemq topics from Android and there
> is no JMS support on Android (as far as I know). I have looked into mqtt
> but
> the mqtt conversion of JMS messages seems to just pass the message content
> itself, not the properties set through "StringProperties" or
> "IntProperties".
>
> From the protocols documentation (
> http://activemq.apache.org/protocols.html)
> it is not clear if XMPP or any other protocol implemented on android
> supports that. Does anyone know which protocol supports the conversion of
> those message properties and how does it convert them?
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog