JMS Headers for Event/operations

n999999
Hello

I've found this hard to google, but a quick question hopefully.

Wondering if people are using message headers to store event or operation
data?
eg Add/Update/Delete etc?

I would imagine that this kind of data should not be in the message body?

If people are using headers is anyone using "JMSType"?
Or do people create their own?

Cheers

Re: JMS Headers for Event/operations

jbonofre
Hi,

For instance, Camel is using the message headers/properties to store
meta-data, so, yes, that's the purpose.

You can use JMSType, but IMHO, it's better to use your own header, in
order to be portable as the broker can use JMSType eventually.

Regards
JB

On 19/12/2019 12:51, n999999 wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've found this hard to google, but a quick question hopefully.
>
> Wondering if people are using message headers to store event or operation
> data?
> eg Add/Update/Delete etc?
>
> I would imagine that this kind of data should not be in the message body?
>
> If people are using headers is anyone using "JMSType"?
> Or do people create their own?
>
> Cheers

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]