JDK requirements for 5.11?

dkulp

Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to require Java7?

I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around it, but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7 anyway.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

tabish121@gmail.com
On 07/08/2014 04:47 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to require Java7?
>
> I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around it, but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7 anyway.
>
> Thoughts?

+1 for moving to Java7

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

Claus Ibsen
+1 for java 7

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/08/2014 04:47 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>
>> Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements
>> for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to
>> require Java7?
>>
>> I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the
>> poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of
>> the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around
>> activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with
>> Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around it,
>> but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7
>> anyway.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
> +1 for moving to Java7
>
> --
> Tim Bish
> Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

dejanb
+1

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for java 7
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 07/08/2014 04:47 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> >>
> >> Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements
> >> for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to
> >> require Java7?
> >>
> >> I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the
> >> poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E
> instead of
> >> the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around
> >> activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with
> >> Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around
> it,
> >> but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7
> >> anyway.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>
> > +1 for moving to Java7
> >
> > --
> > Tim Bish
> > Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> > [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> > skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> > blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
> >

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
> hawtio: http://hawt.io/
> fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

chirino
+1 lets require Java 7

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to require Java7?
>
> I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around it, but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7 anyway.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

ceposta
+1

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 lets require Java 7
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements
> for 5.11?  5.10 still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to
> require Java7?
> >
> > I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the
> poms and such so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of
> the eclipse:eclipse thing.  However, there is one small issue around
> activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if Eclipse is running with
> Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around it,
> but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7
> anyway.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io
twitter: @christianposta

Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?

Hadrian Zbarcea
+1 from me too.

Dan submitted a pull request already. If there's no objection I will commit it
later today or tomorrow. Waiting too long will make the merge non trivial.

Cheers,
Hadrian