JDBC HA failover, is this supported?

mk666aim
This post was updated on .
With Artemis 2.9.0, I am trying to use a shared JDBC store between 2 brokers.

I have configured high availability with the failover, but it all seems to
not quite work. I am getting various error messages during the failover,
even though failover does mostly happen.

I am attaching the configuration of both brokers.

broker_1.xml
broker1.xml
broker_2.xml
broker2.xml

When both brokers startup, I can correctly see one registering as a Live
server, and the other one as a Backup.

When I kill the broker on node1 (i.e. the live one), after a while, the
backup server will go live, but throws error like this:
2019-08-13 16:27:49,811 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ224000: Failure in initialisation: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.SharedStoreBackupActivation$FailbackChecker.<init>(SharedStoreBackupActivation.java:193) [artemis-server-2.9.0.jar:2.9.0]
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.SharedStoreBackupActivation.startFailbackChecker(SharedStoreBackupActivation.java:185) [artemis-server-2.9.0.jar:2.9.0]
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.SharedStoreBackupActivation.run(SharedStoreBackupActivation.java:118) [artemis-server-2.9.0.jar:2.9.0]
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.ActiveMQServerImpl$ActivationThread.run(ActiveMQServerImpl.java:3716) [artemis-server-2.9.0.jar:2.9.0]

When I then start broker again on the node 1, it will stop at this point:
2019-08-13 16:28:21,863 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221034: Waiting indefinitely to obtain live lock

As if it was waiting for failback to happen.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: JDBC HA failover, is this supported?

mk666aim
I realised that my original post had some omitted error traces, so I have now
corrected it.
It seems that quoted stack traces do not get posted correctly and they
result in empty space.
I have now instead just pasted text normally and marked it bold.

Re: JDBC HA failover, is this supported?

mk666aim
This turned out to be a typo in my configuration - underscore instead of a
dash, so the configuration parser was unable to find the connector.