Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

Devlin
We're experimenting with BrokerFilter to capture detailed info of producer, consumer, message headers, etc., for logging and analysis, and want to be very careful to avoid delaying or blocking the broker.

If a broker interceptor, for whatever reason, got stuck, would that block a broker thread from continuing?

Re: Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

christopher.l.shannon
Yes, it is blocking.  The BrokerFilter class implements Broker and
simply delegates to the parent Broker so if whatever you are doing is
stuck then processing won't continue.  If you were to print out a
stacktrace from inside one of those methods you will see that there
are many BrokerFilter implementations in the chain already to add in
various behavior to the broker (logging, authentication, etc)

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Devlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're experimenting with BrokerFilter to capture detailed info of producer,
> consumer, message headers, etc., for logging and analysis, and want to be
> very careful to avoid delaying or blocking the broker.
>
> If a broker interceptor, for whatever reason, got stuck, would that block a
> broker thread from continuing?

Re: Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

Devlin
Thank you