Invalid MQTT Publish Behavior

crux
Hi,

I'm trying to connect a mosquitto broker in bridge mode to an activemq
broker using MQTT. My mosquitto bridge is using a dirty session (i.e. Clean
Session = 0), and is subscribed to a wildcard topic (i.e. +/messages).
Whenever a message is published that matches the subscription
(foo/messages). The message is delivered to the mosquitto bridge. However,
the PUBLISH mqtt message that is sent out contains wildcards in the topic
name. This is illegal according to the spec.

The Topic Name in the PUBLISH Packet MUST NOT contain wildcard characters
[MQTT-3.3.2-2].

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before?

Thanks!
-Dave

Re: Invalid MQTT Publish Behavior

crux
Sorry to reply to my own post. As I was doing more digging. I narrowed it
down to the fact that this will only occur when then transport subscription
strategy is set to mqtt-virtual-topic-subscriptions and clean session is
false. I'd be happy to add a test case, but I'm not sure where it should
live.

Re: Invalid MQTT Publish Behavior

Tim Bain
Can you please submit a bug for this in JIRA?