Interceptors/Phases like in Apache CXF

Frizz
Hi,

is there in ActiveMQ a concept like Interceptors and Phases like in Apache
CXF?

I'd like to plug in some custom functionality in the sending and receiving
part of the messaging.

In CXF I would do something like

    <cxf:bus>
        <cxf:inInterceptors>
            <ref bean="MyInterceptor"/>
        </cxf:inInterceptors>
        <cxf:outInterceptors>
            <ref bean="MyInterceptor"/>
       </cxf:outInterceptors>
    </cxf:bus>

Is there a similar functionality in ActiveMQ?

cheers,
F.

Re: Interceptors/Phases like in Apache CXF

Torsten Mielke-3
Yes there are interceptors in ActiveMQ.
In AMQ land I don't think we distinguish between interceptors and broker plugins. The terms are used interchangeably.
However there are broker plugins (or interceptors) and destination interceptors.

Broker plugins are documented at http://fusesource.com/docs/mirrors/activemq/features/interceptors.html

Destination interceptors to my knowledge are not documented but you can find a sample implementation in class org.apache.activemq.broker.region.virtual.MirroredQueue.

AFAIK there is not such concept of phases for plugins or interceptors.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
[hidden email]
tmielke.blogspot.com

On Sep 12, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Frizz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there in ActiveMQ a concept like Interceptors and Phases like in Apache
> CXF?
>
> I'd like to plug in some custom functionality in the sending and receiving
> part of the messaging.
>
> In CXF I would do something like
>
>    <cxf:bus>
>        <cxf:inInterceptors>
>            <ref bean="MyInterceptor"/>
>        </cxf:inInterceptors>
>        <cxf:outInterceptors>
>            <ref bean="MyInterceptor"/>
>       </cxf:outInterceptors>
>    </cxf:bus>
>
> Is there a similar functionality in ActiveMQ?
>
> cheers,
> F.

Re: Interceptors/Phases like in Apache CXF

ceposta
This is pretty cool, might want to check it out too:

http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/2013/09/apache-camel-broker-component-for.html

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog