Inactivity monitoring

paulgale
Hi,

Using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and Fuse 5.3.1 on RHEL 6.1

I have configured some Camel routes running on ActiveMQ 5.8.0 to pull
messages from end points exposed on Fuse 5.3.1. By default the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory the Camel route uses will start its inactivity
monitor to monitor the state of the connection with the old broker.

Does ActiveMQ 5.3.1 know to respond to the KeepAliveInfo's that ActiveMQ
5.8.0's inactivity monitor sends to it? Obviously if 5.3.1 doesn't then the
5.8.0 broker will eventually close the connection.

If 5.3.1 does not know how to respond then then I can always configure the
Camel route's ActiveMQConnectionFactory brokerURL attribute to set
'useInactivityMonitor=false' and set 'keepAlive=true' to use TCP keep
alives instead which is better than nothing.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Inactivity monitoring

ceposta
The two brokers should negotiate a version of the open wire protocol that
they're both comfortable with, most likely the older activemq version. The
keepalive should work fine. Let us know what you find.

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Inactivity monitoring

davidtooke
Hi Paul,

How is that monitoring working for you? It sounds kind of complicated to setup. I have a single activemq instance to monitor what would you suggest?

Thanks,
David

Re: Inactivity monitoring

artnaseef
The inactivity monitor is enabled by default, so it should be easy to setup ;-).