How to set TTL for messages sent to DLQ

Marinad
I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0

I send messages with TTL to queue. But after an exhausted retry messages in DLQ are without TTL.

How to configure TTL for messages in DLQ?

Re: How to set TTL for messages sent to DLQ

gtully
you can't at the moment. There is a plugin that will purge the DLQ for you
see: http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
section

Automatically Discard Expired Messages

On 16 September 2013 13:48, Marinad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0
>
> I send messages with TTL to queue. But after an exhausted retry messages in
> DLQ are without TTL.
>
> How to configure TTL for messages in DLQ?

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: How to set TTL for messages sent to DLQ

Torsten Mielke-3

On Sep 16, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Marinad wrote:

> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0
>
> I send messages with TTL to queue. But after an exhausted retry messages in
> DLQ are without TTL.

Correct. You generally don't want a TTL on the msgs moved to DLQ so you can examine why they have failed later.

> How to configure TTL for messages in DLQ?

Not sure there is a way but there is a broker plugin that can clean the DLQ periodically.
See the section "The Discarding DLQ Plugin" on
http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke