How to migrate queue messages from one instance of ActiveMQ to another

How to migrate queue messages from one instance of ActiveMQ to another

petrk
Hi

We have an activeMQ instance that has too much data (30GB) in it's persistance store and it's causing a major problem. We can address the long term issue through the use multi kaha db adapter Managing persistent store space, but I need to be able to start fresh, reduce the store size and not lose any pending messages.

So, my idea is to move just the pending messages to a new instance of activeMQ and then shut down the older one. The question though, is there a way to move the pending messages other than programatically reading them off the old activeMQ and writting them to the new activeMQ one by one?