How to integrate Ajax client with ActiveMQ CPP publisher

How to integrate Ajax client with ActiveMQ CPP publisher

manua
Hi All, I am trying to run the Market data example of webapps/demo. I am able to run the example with portfolio in one window and publisher in another window. I wan to run the same portfolio client, but instead of getting data from publisher class I want portfolio to pick data sent by a CPP publisher. I was trying to send the XML messages from CPP publisher/producer and recieved them by the portfolio client. I modified the publisher code and hard codded it to send data to one of the broker as STOCKS.SUNW, but it didn't work. Kindly help me with this. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Manu

Re: How to integrate Ajax client with ActiveMQ CPP publisher

tabish121@gmail.com
On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 11:21 -0700, manua wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to run the Market data example of webapps/demo. I am able to run
> the example with portfolio in one window and publisher in another window.
>
> I wan to run the same portfolio client, but instead of getting data from
> publisher class I want portfolio to pick data sent by a CPP publisher. I was
> trying to send the XML messages from CPP publisher/producer and recieved
> them by the portfolio client. I modified the publisher code and hard codded
> it to send data to one of the broker as STOCKS.SUNW, but it didn't work.
>
> Kindly help me with this.
>
> Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Without seeing code its hard to know why your AJAX client didn't receive
messages sent by the C++ producer.  If you want to pass along any code
snippets that demonstrate what you are doing I can try and help out.

Regards
Tim.

http://fusesource.com
http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: How to integrate Ajax client with ActiveMQ CPP publisher

manua
Hi Tim,

I am using the sample webapps/demo. I am running the ajax client(portfolio.html) without modification. Instead of running publisher from demo, i am running SimpleProducer.cpp to send the messages to the broker and wants client to pick data from there. For testing purpose, I have specified the topic as STOCKS.SUNW and modified the text message as,

string text = (string)"<price stock=SUNW" + (string)"bid=" + Integer::toString(bid) + (string)"offer=" + Integer::toString(offer) + (string)" movement=" + movement +  "/>";

My intention is to publish data to the broker from a cpp publisher and that data should be fetched by ajax client, eg. I want my CPP code to send data tothe broker, which portfolio.html should display in real tiem.

PLease let me know if I am doing any thing wrong or I ahve to use some other procedure.

Hope for an early reply.

Thanks,
Manu

Timothy Bish wrote

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 04:45 -0700, manua wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I am using the sample webapps/demo. I am running the ajax
> client(portfolio.html) without modification. Instead of running publisher
> from demo, i am running SimpleProducer.cpp to send the messages to the
> broker and wants client to pick data from there. For testing purpose, I have
> specified the topic as STOCKS.SUNW and modified the text message as,
>
> string text = (string)"<price stock=SUNW" + (string)"bid=" +
> Integer::toString(bid) + (string)"offer=" + Integer::toString(offer) +
> (string)" movement=" + movement +  "/>";
>
> My intention is to publish data to the broker from a cpp publisher and that
> data should be fetched by ajax client, eg. I want my CPP code to send data
> tothe broker, which portfolio.html should display in real tiem.
>
> PLease let me know if I am doing any thing wrong or I ahve to use some other
> procedure.
>
> Hope for an early reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu

My first recommendation would be to take a step back and first try and
get the CPP client code to produce a message and consume it via a Java
app or another C++ client, that way you know you've gotten the
publishing code right, then once you have that right you can move on to
trying to get the data in the webapp.

Regards
Tim.

http://fusesource.com
http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: How to integrate Ajax client with ActiveMQ CPP publisher

manua
HI Tim,

I have tried that part. With this publisher, I am able to publish messages and consume them throgh another Java consumer or cpp consumer. The problem comes in consuming the data through ajax client. I need your advice on that part.

My intention is to publish data to the broker from a cpp publisher and that data should be fetched by ajax client, eg. I want my CPP code to send data tothe broker, which portfolio.html should display in real tiem.

Mu publisher is sending data as I could see the messages in cosole, but they are not recieved by the client.