How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

Jérôme Barotin
Hi,

I've got the following installation :

  * 2 ActiveMQ brokers installed in a Network of Broker with KahaDb
    persistence actived
  * I consume these message thought the Spring's
    DefaultMessageListenerContainer & the ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory

I produce a batch of message every night (let's say 5000 messages)

I'm looking for a solution to detect where the last message this batch
is processed. I haven't found something easy in the documentation. So,
that's why I'm here if someone have an idea to implement that with ActiveMQ?

Best,

*Jérome*

Re: How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

jbonofre
Hi Jérôme,

Did you take a look on message groups ?

Regards
JB

> Le 27 mars 2020 à 11:16, Jérôme Barotin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got the following installation :
>
> * 2 ActiveMQ brokers installed in a Network of Broker with KahaDb
>   persistence actived
> * I consume these message thought the Spring's
>   DefaultMessageListenerContainer & the ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory
>
> I produce a batch of message every night (let's say 5000 messages)
>
> I'm looking for a solution to detect where the last message this batch is processed. I haven't found something easy in the documentation. So, that's why I'm here if someone have an idea to implement that with ActiveMQ?
>
> Best,

> *Jérome*

Re: How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

jbonofre
Anyway, not sure it should be on the broker scope.

In Apache Camel, that’s exactly the purpose of aggregator strategy. Maybe you can implement something similar as well (if you don’t use Camel) ?

Regards
JB

> Le 27 mars 2020 à 11:16, Jérôme Barotin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got the following installation :
>
> * 2 ActiveMQ brokers installed in a Network of Broker with KahaDb
>   persistence actived
> * I consume these message thought the Spring's
>   DefaultMessageListenerContainer & the ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory
>
> I produce a batch of message every night (let's say 5000 messages)
>
> I'm looking for a solution to detect where the last message this batch is processed. I haven't found something easy in the documentation. So, that's why I'm here if someone have an idea to implement that with ActiveMQ?
>
> Best,

> *Jérome*

Re: How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

Jérôme Barotin
Hi Jean Baptiste,

 > Did you take a look on message groups ?

Of course, if I have just set a group specific for the batch and then
set a property for example called last_message ="yes" to the last
message of the batch (last_message = "no" for other message). And, in my
consumer, if I check the property last_message is equls to yes, it's
that I've got the last message of my batch.

I'll try that, thanks for the advice,

About Apache Camel aggregator, I don't know what it is, I'll check this
stuff, just curious to see how it works.

Jérôme

Le 27/03/2020 à 11:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofre a écrit :

> Anyway, not sure it should be on the broker scope.
>
> In Apache Camel, that’s exactly the purpose of aggregator strategy. Maybe you can implement something similar as well (if you don’t use Camel) ?
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> Le 27 mars 2020 à 11:16, Jérôme Barotin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got the following installation :
>>
>> * 2 ActiveMQ brokers installed in a Network of Broker with KahaDb
>>    persistence actived
>> * I consume these message thought the Spring's
>>    DefaultMessageListenerContainer & the ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory
>>
>> I produce a batch of message every night (let's say 5000 messages)
>>
>> I'm looking for a solution to detect where the last message this batch is processed. I haven't found something easy in the documentation. So, that's why I'm here if someone have an idea to implement that with ActiveMQ?
>>
>> Best,

>> *Jérome*

Re: How to detected the last message of a batch of message ?

jbonofre
Hi Jérôme,

Please let me know if you need help about that.

Regards
JB