How to Send E-mails Using Java

larel_b
I would like to asynchronously send e-mails by queueing messages to ActiveMQ
and connecting to an email service in my Java code (already written and
works) to send the email. I am using the Java and the Play Framework. I
can't seem to find any tutorials or posts online about this. I need an
example of how to connect the queue to a http route in my app.

Re: How to Send E-mails Using Java

jbertram
Please take this question to the ActiveMQ *user* mailing list [1]. This is
the "dev" list for folks working on the development of ActiveMQ itself.

Also, if you choose to send this to the user mailing list please elaborate
on exactly what your app needs to do with ActiveMQ. You say you "need an
example of how to connect the queue to a http route in my app," but it's
not clear what you mean by "connect." I assume you actually need to either
send a message or receive a message or perhaps both. Clarification would
help.

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/contact/#mailing

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 2:03 PM larel_b <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to asynchronously send e-mails by queueing messages to
> ActiveMQ
> and connecting to an email service in my Java code (already written and
> works) to send the email. I am using the Java and the Play Framework. I
> can't seem to find any tutorials or posts online about this. I need an
> example of how to connect the queue to a http route in my app.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: How to Send E-mails Using Java

jbonofre

This kind of question should be on the user mailing list.

Anyway, I would recommend to take a look on Apache Camel to do this.

If your code already exists, just create a queue consumer calling your code.

Regards
JB

> Le 17 mars 2020 à 18:23, larel_b <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I would like to asynchronously send e-mails by queueing messages to ActiveMQ
> and connecting to an email service in my Java code (already written and
> works) to send the email. I am using the Java and the Play Framework. I
> can't seem to find any tutorials or posts online about this. I need an
> example of how to connect the queue to a http route in my app.

> Sent from: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re:Re: How to Send E-mails Using Java

KimmKing-2
I recommend camel too,easy to use,quickly integration with exists projects.