How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

Kevin Burton
I can't find any documentation on how long I have to manually acknowledge a
message when auto ack is disabled.

I need about 2 minutes before I acknowledge() a message as I have to
process it and make sure that it's completed on my end.

Then I can ack… but how long do I have?  Where is this set?

I assume there is documentation on the subject but I'm unable to find it.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Corporations are
people.

Re: How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

lyonn
I think that is impossible, because the ack is part of tcp protocol. You
can change some values for performance issues (listed below) but anyone is
for time.

http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html

Why would you want to wait two minutes? It coud be a risk when your
concurrency grow up.

> I can't find any documentation on how long I have to manually acknowledge a
> message when auto ack is disabled.
>
> I need about 2 minutes before I acknowledge() a message as I have to
> process it and make sure that it's completed on my end.
>
> Then I can ack… but how long do I have?  Where is this set?
>
> I assume there is documentation on the subject but I'm unable to find it.
>
> --
>
> Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
> Location: *San Francisco, CA*
> Skype: *burtonator*
> blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
> … or check out my Google+ profile
> <https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
> <http://spinn3r.com>
> War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Corporations are
> people.

Re: How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

rajdavies
The broker holds state about unacknowledged messages - and will hold that state until either the broker shuts down or the client disappears.
Remember that acknowleding a message will acknowledge all messages consumed by the client's Session. Depending on what your doing, you may want to use individual acknowledge, which is an ActiveMQ specific feature.

11 June 2014 06:57