How does JMS/STOMP queue map to MQTT

paddycarman
Hi
    I have been using STOMP to connect to ActiveMQ from my non-mobile
clients.  I have been using topics as well as queues. I am thinking of
using MQTT to connect to the broker from Android. One question I have is
how JMS queues are converted in MQTT (since MQTT does not support queues).
Any info or suggestions on this would be very useful.
Thanks,
PC

Re: How does JMS/STOMP queue map to MQTT

ceposta
MQTT protocol in activemq will only deal with topics, no queues. Were you
hoping to have an mqtt client subscribe to a queue?

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: How does JMS/STOMP queue map to MQTT

paddycarman
Yes. Is there a workaround?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Christian Posta
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> MQTT protocol in activemq will only deal with topics, no queues. Were you
> hoping to have an mqtt client subscribe to a queue?
>

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Paddy Carman <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >     I have been using STOMP to connect to ActiveMQ from my non-mobile
> > clients.  I have been using topics as well as queues. I am thinking of
> > using MQTT to connect to the broker from Android. One question I have is
> > how JMS queues are converted in MQTT (since MQTT does not support
> queues).
> > Any info or suggestions on this would be very useful.
> > Thanks,
> > PC
> >

> --
> *Christian Posta*
> http://www.christianposta.com/blog
> twitter: @christianposta

Re: How does JMS/STOMP queue map to MQTT

udik
Hi.. there is a new AMQ client for Android on the Google Play, if you interested, can send/receive messages over queue -
 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maildover.actovemq4#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIxMiwiY29tLm1haWxkb3Zlci5hY3RvdmVtcTQiXQ..