[HEADS-UP] Changing activemq-website to use a single branch

[HEADS-UP] Changing activemq-website to use a single branch

clebertsuconic
I am looking to change the activemq-website to use a single branch.

This was after a discussion I was having with Robbie on a thread named
"Website build script [WAS Re: [activemq-website] 01/02: Adding
upstream checkout on build.sh]"

I have pushed a proposed future master here:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/tree/new-master

and I'm creating a JIRA on apache infra to make the transition.

We could have another option to just replace new-master as asf-site,
but I think it would be a better move to involve apache-infra and make
sure they are on board with the change.

This should make updating the website an easier process. as moving the
branches is becoming a more expensive process.

Thoughts?

Re: [HEADS-UP] Changing activemq-website to use a single branch

clebertsuconic
I have created the INFRA jira here:

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:29 AM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am looking to change the activemq-website to use a single branch.
>
> This was after a discussion I was having with Robbie on a thread named
> "Website build script [WAS Re: [activemq-website] 01/02: Adding
> upstream checkout on build.sh]"
>
> I have pushed a proposed future master here:
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/tree/new-master
>
> and I'm creating a JIRA on apache infra to make the transition.
>

> We could have another option to just replace new-master as asf-site,
> but I think it would be a better move to involve apache-infra and make
> sure they are on board with the change.
>
> This should make updating the website an easier process. as moving the
> branches is becoming a more expensive process.
>

> Thoughts?
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Changing activemq-website to use a single branch

clebertsuconic
Everything is on master now!!!!!

no more playing with 2 branches.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:35 AM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have created the INFRA jira here:

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:29 AM Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am looking to change the activemq-website to use a single branch.
> >
> > This was after a discussion I was having with Robbie on a thread named
> > "Website build script [WAS Re: [activemq-website] 01/02: Adding
> > upstream checkout on build.sh]"
> >
> > I have pushed a proposed future master here:
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/tree/new-master
> >
> > and I'm creating a JIRA on apache infra to make the transition.
> >

> > We could have another option to just replace new-master as asf-site,
> > but I think it would be a better move to involve apache-infra and make
> > sure they are on board with the change.
> >
> > This should make updating the website an easier process. as moving the
> > branches is becoming a more expensive process.
> >

> > Thoughts?
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Changing activemq-website to use a single branch

jbertram
Very nice. This is a real win for website maintenance.

Justin