Quantcast

[HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
Thinking about end of this week actually.

Fixes:
- amqp suport improved
- less copies on InVM
- improved buffering on all the protocols.


Improvements:
- epoll has been turned on for netty


I will save the 2.1 for a more substantial release with features..
this 2.0.1 would be a fix release only.


--
Clebert Suconic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I am working on a few replication cases.. I will do it as soon as I'm
done.. I don't want to make any promises.. but it could be 1 day, 3
days.. a week :) you know how it goes when you are working on a
testcase. :)


I will call lit 2.1.0.. everything is compatible, but the improvements made:

Epoll
Max Size on Paging now is calculated by default (half of the JVM)


and a few other fixes. it feels like a 2.1.0...




On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thinking about end of this week actually.
>
> Fixes:
> - amqp suport improved
> - less copies on InVM
> - improved buffering on all the protocols.
>
>
> Improvements:
> - epoll has been turned on for netty
>
>
> I will save the 2.1 for a more substantial release with features..
> this 2.0.1 would be a fix release only.
>
>
> --
> Clebert Suconic



--
Clebert Suconic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

tabish121@gmail.com
On 04/07/2017 10:42 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I am working on a few replication cases.. I will do it as soon as I'm
> done.. I don't want to make any promises.. but it could be 1 day, 3
> days.. a week :) you know how it goes when you are working on a
> testcase. :)
>
>
> I will call lit 2.1.0.. everything is compatible, but the improvements made:

Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...

> Epoll
> Max Size on Paging now is calculated by default (half of the JVM)
>
>
> and a few other fixes. it feels like a 2.1.0...
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thinking about end of this week actually.
>>
>> Fixes:
>> - amqp suport improved
>> - less copies on InVM
>> - improved buffering on all the protocols.
>>
>>
>> Improvements:
>> - epoll has been turned on for netty
>>
>>
>> I will save the 2.1 for a more substantial release with features..
>> this 2.0.1 would be a fix release only.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Clebert Suconic
>
>


--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
>
> Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...


Fair point...

let me do some work on it today.. if I can't fix it by monday, I will
release it on monday.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I found the compacting issue i was looking for... will send a fix today...

However.. I have a personal conflict next week and I won't be able to
be the release manager for 2.1 unless it waits two weeks... if anyone
volunteers?

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...
>
>
> Fair point...
>
> let me do some work on it today.. if I can't fix it by monday, I will
> release it on monday.



--
Clebert Suconic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1114

We should make a 1.5.5 release as well...

Who's volunteering after easter? (or even before?)


I have a personal issue and I won't work next week.. but it would be
great to have both a 2.1.0 and a 1.5.5 then.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found the compacting issue i was looking for... will send a fix today...
>
> However.. I have a personal conflict next week and I won't be able to
> be the release manager for 2.1 unless it waits two weeks... if anyone
> volunteers?
>
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...
>>
>>
>> Fair point...
>>
>> let me do some work on it today.. if I can't fix it by monday, I will
>> release it on monday.
>
>
>
> --
> Clebert Suconic



--
Clebert Suconic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

nigro_franz
@clebert I don't know how much I could help, but if possible I'll do :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
It would be great Franz. But I believe you would have to be a committer
first.

You are doing great.  I'm sure that will happen soon.  But thanks for the
offer.



On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:37 AM nigro_franz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> @clebert I don't know how much I could help, but if possible I'll do :)
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/HEADS-UP-Artemis-2-0-1-in-a-week-tp4724474p4724952.html
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
--
Clebert Suconic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

nigro_franz
Thanks Clebert! I'll do my best!!!!
Loading...