[HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
Thinking about end of this week actually.

Fixes:
- amqp suport improved
- less copies on InVM
- improved buffering on all the protocols.

Improvements:
- epoll has been turned on for netty

I will save the 2.1 for a more substantial release with features..
this 2.0.1 would be a fix release only.

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I am working on a few replication cases.. I will do it as soon as I'm
done.. I don't want to make any promises.. but it could be 1 day, 3
days.. a week :) you know how it goes when you are working on a
testcase. :)

I will call lit 2.1.0.. everything is compatible, but the improvements made:

Epoll
Max Size on Paging now is calculated by default (half of the JVM)

and a few other fixes. it feels like a 2.1.0...

tabish121@gmail.com
On 04/07/2017 10:42 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I am working on a few replication cases.. I will do it as soon as I'm
> done.. I don't want to make any promises.. but it could be 1 day, 3
> days.. a week :) you know how it goes when you are working on a
> testcase. :)
>

> I will call lit 2.1.0.. everything is compatible, but the improvements made:

Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic

> Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...

Fair point...

let me do some work on it today.. if I can't fix it by monday, I will
release it on monday.

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I found the compacting issue i was looking for... will send a fix today...

However.. I have a personal conflict next week and I won't be able to
be the release manager for 2.1 unless it waits two weeks... if anyone
volunteers?

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Or you can release one now and then do 2.1.1 soon after...
>

> Fair point...
>
> let me do some work on it today.. if I can't fix it by monday, I will
> release it on monday.

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1114

We should make a 1.5.5 release as well...

Who's volunteering after easter? (or even before?)

I have a personal issue and I won't work next week.. but it would be
great to have both a 2.1.0 and a 1.5.5 then.

nigro_franz
@clebert I don't know how much I could help, but if possible I'll do :)

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
It would be great Franz. But I believe you would have to be a committer
first.

You are doing great.  I'm sure that will happen soon.  But thanks for the
offer.

nigro_franz
Thanks Clebert! I'll do my best!!!!

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I will cut this today afternoon (US EST Time)...

please... no big changes today please.. everything is fixed :)

if it's a big change please consider a PR so it can wait the release.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM, nigro_franz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Clebert! I'll do my best!!!!

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
Just as a heads up, I have 2.1.0 already tagged..

I had a few issues and it took me this long... So I will resume on
monday when I will send the vote thread after I do some JIRA cleanup.

I plan to do a 1.x release on monday as well.

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will cut this today afternoon (US EST Time)...
>

> please... no big changes today please.. everything is fixed :)
>
> if it's a big change please consider a PR so it can wait the release.
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM, nigro_franz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks Clebert! I'll do my best!!!!

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

christopher.l.shannon
Clebert, I'm working on XML config for the new Broker plugin support so you
should probably hold the release until that is done.  I'll submit a PR when
it is finished.

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Just as a heads up, I have 2.1.0 already tagged..
>

> I had a few issues and it took me this long... So I will resume on
> monday when I will send the vote thread after I do some JIRA cleanup.
>
> I plan to do a 1.x release on monday as well.
>
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I will cut this today afternoon (US EST Time)...
> >

> > please... no big changes today please.. everything is fixed :)
> >
> > if it's a big change please consider a PR so it can wait the release.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM, nigro_franz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Thanks Clebert! I'll do my best!!!!
> >>

> >> --

> > Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
I saw the PR. And I also talked to you.
So I'm resuming it now.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Clebert, I'm working on XML config for the new Broker plugin support so you
> should probably hold the release until that is done.  I'll submit a PR when
> it is finished.
>
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Just as a heads up, I have 2.1.0 already tagged..
> >

> > I had a few issues and it took me this long... So I will resume on
> > monday when I will send the vote thread after I do some JIRA cleanup.
> >
> > I plan to do a 1.x release on monday as well.
> >
> > On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Clebert Suconic
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I will cut this today afternoon (US EST Time)...
> > >

> > > please... no big changes today please.. everything is fixed :)
> > >
> > > if it's a big change please consider a PR so it can wait the release.

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
sorry for the few git push -f I did today during this release.

I had some mix ups between the tag and the actual upload. It's all fixed now.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I saw the PR. And I also talked to you.
> So I'm resuming it now.
>

> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM Christopher Shannon
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Clebert, I'm working on XML config for the new Broker plugin support so
>> you
>> should probably hold the release until that is done.  I'll submit a PR
>> when
>> it is finished.
>>
>> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Just as a heads up, I have 2.1.0 already tagged..
>> >

>> > I had a few issues and it took me this long... So I will resume on
>> > monday when I will send the vote thread after I do some JIRA cleanup.
>> >
>> > I plan to do a 1.x release on monday as well.

>> > --
>> > Clebert Suconic
>> >

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

Mohamed Badri
Hi,

2.1.0 is ready, do you still plan to release an 1.x version ?

Thanks to all the committers to make that release possible.

On 8 May 2017 at 20:38, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sorry for the few git push -f I did today during this release.
>
> I had some mix ups between the tag and the actual upload. It's all fixed
> now.
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I saw the PR. And I also talked to you.
> > So I'm resuming it now.
> >

> > On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM Christopher Shannon
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Clebert, I'm working on XML config for the new Broker plugin support so
> >> you
> >> should probably hold the release until that is done.  I'll submit a PR
> >> when
> >> it is finished.
> >>
> >> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Clebert Suconic
> >> <[hidden email]>

> release.

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
Will send the vote shortly.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:55 AM Mohamed Badri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2.1.0 is ready, do you still plan to release an 1.x version ?
>
> Thanks to all the committers to make that release possible.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 20:38, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > sorry for the few git push -f I did today during this release.
> >
> > I had some mix ups between the tag and the actual upload. It's all fixed
> > now.
> >
> > On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Clebert Suconic
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I saw the PR. And I also talked to you.
> > > So I'm resuming it now.

> so

> cleanup.

> > release.

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

2.1.0 is under vote yet.. not released.

 if you tried it out.. please give it a +1 and share your experience
on the vote thread please! :)

I had tagged 1.5.5 yesterday and uploaded into nexus but something
went wrong and i will have to re-upload it. should be out shortly.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Mohamed Badri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2.1.0 is ready, do you still plan to release an 1.x version ?
>
> Thanks to all the committers to make that release possible.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 20:38, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> sorry for the few git push -f I did today during this release.
>>
>> I had some mix ups between the tag and the actual upload. It's all fixed
>> now.
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I saw the PR. And I also talked to you.
>> > So I'm resuming it now.

>> release.

>> > --
>> > Clebert Suconic
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Artemis 2.0.1 in a week

clebertsuconic
@Mohamed Badri: Just sent the vote

@all Of course this was the longest week ever.. I promised a release
vote in April 1st. I guess I will never make any timely promises
again, especially on April 1st :)