[HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

[HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.

I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
monday.

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

jbertram
Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.

Justin

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
>

> I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> monday.

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Ok, i will push it back a week.

If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
another one when you're ready.

Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> >

> > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > monday.
> >
> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

michael.andre.pearce
I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.

Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.

That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:

> Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic
> wrote:
>
> > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> >

> > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > monday.
> >
> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

Robbie Gemmell
I'd like to see the/a fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
from it if not the whole thing).

Robbie

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.
>

> Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
>

> That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Ok, i will push it back a week.
>
> If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> another one when you're ready.
>
> Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:
> >
> > Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> > that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> > >

> > > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > > monday.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> > >

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

Robbie Gemmell
...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to see the/a fix for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
> possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
> from it if not the whole thing).
>
> Robbie
>
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.
> >

> > Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
> >

> > That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Ok, i will push it back a week.
> >
> > If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> > another one when you're ready.
> >
> > Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> > > that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
> > >

> > > Justin

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.

@Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.
If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready
> yet...oopsie :P
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see the/a fix for
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
> > possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
> > from it if not the whole thing).
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of
> reviews.
> > >

> > > Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
> > >

> > > That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be
> merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
> > >

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Ok, i will push it back a week.
> > >
> > > If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> > > another one when you're ready.
> > >
> > > Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?

> implementation

> Monday.

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
There's an issue with AMQPMessage. if you encode a message (say on a
divert), the message body disappears... future operations will NPE or
other weird issues.

I'm fixing that first, and then I will need to rebase your PR.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.
>

> @Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.
>
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P
>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd like to see the/a fix for
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
>> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
>> > possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
>> > from it if not the whole thing).
>> >
>> > Robbie

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
I have been doing tests (both manually and running the whole
testsuite), and we are ready for a release.

I will do some final merges... if there's anything you guys want to
include let me know, as I will cut it in a couple hours.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's an issue with AMQPMessage. if you encode a message (say on a
> divert), the message body disappears... future operations will NPE or
> other weird issues.
>

> I'm fixing that first, and then I will need to rebase your PR.
>
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.
> >

> > @Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

jbertram
I just sent a PR [1] I'd like to get in. It's a new feature so reviews are
welcome!

Justin

[1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2802