[HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

12

[HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.

I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
monday.

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

jbertram
Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.

Justin

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
>

> I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> monday.

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Ok, i will push it back a week.

If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
another one when you're ready.

Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> >

> > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > monday.
> >
> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

michael.andre.pearce
I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.

Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.

That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:

> Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic
> wrote:
>
> > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> >

> > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > monday.
> >
> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

Robbie Gemmell
I'd like to see the/a fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
from it if not the whole thing).

Robbie

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.
>

> Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
>

> That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Ok, i will push it back a week.
>
> If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> another one when you're ready.
>
> Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:
> >
> > Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> > that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Clebert Suconic
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I want to start a release, any time between this Thursday or Monday.
> > >

> > > I won't be able to do it on this Friday for personal reasons. hence
> > > the big gap. If anything hold me from doing on Thursday it will be
> > > monday.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> > >

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

Robbie Gemmell
...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to see the/a fix for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
> possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
> from it if not the whole thing).
>
> Robbie
>
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of reviews.
> >

> > Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
> >

> > That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Ok, i will push it back a week.
> >
> > If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> > another one when you're ready.
> >
> > Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Justin Bertram  wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you wait a couple of days? I'm working on a ring queue implementation
> > > that I'd like to get it before you cut the release.
> > >

> > > Justin

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.

@Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.
If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready
> yet...oopsie :P
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see the/a fix for
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
> > possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
> > from it if not the whole thing).
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:14, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would say as this isn't yet PR'd and probably will take a round of
> reviews.
> > >

> > > Would be best cutting now and doing another one soon.
> > >

> > > That said there is a major feature (paging one) i think needs to be
> merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.
> > >

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Ok, i will push it back a week.
> > >
> > > If you need more than that though, it's better to release now, and cut
> > > another one when you're ready.
> > >
> > > Do you think you can do it in 1 week? how far are you?

> implementation

> Monday.

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
There's an issue with AMQPMessage. if you encode a message (say on a
divert), the message body disappears... future operations will NPE or
other weird issues.

I'm fixing that first, and then I will need to rebase your PR.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.
>

> @Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.
>
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P
>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 18:31, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd like to see the/a fix for
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2437 /
>> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2795 go in 2.9.0 if
>> > possible (or at least the related proton-j update and footer key fixes
>> > from it if not the whole thing).
>> >
>> > Robbie

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
I have been doing tests (both manually and running the whole
testsuite), and we are ready for a release.

I will do some final merges... if there's anything you guys want to
include let me know, as I will cut it in a couple hours.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's an issue with AMQPMessage. if you encode a message (say on a
> divert), the message body disappears... future operations will NPE or
> other weird issues.
>

> I'm fixing that first, and then I will need to rebase your PR.
>
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.
> >

> > @Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next week.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> ...but I'll settle for 2.10.0, since the time machine isnt ready yet...oopsie :P

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

jbertram
I just sent a PR [1] I'd like to get in. It's a new feature so reviews are
welcome!

Justin

[1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2802

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have been doing tests (both manually and running the whole
> testsuite), and we are ready for a release.
>
> I will do some final merges... if there's anything you guys want to
> include let me know, as I will cut it in a couple hours.
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > There's an issue with AMQPMessage. if you encode a message (say on a
> > divert), the message body disappears... future operations will NPE or
> > other weird issues.
> >

> > I'm fixing that first, and then I will need to rebase your PR.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Clebert Suconic
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Robbie.  Will review it tomorrow.
> > >

> > > @Michael. At this point I’m not going to start a release tomorrow
> anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next
> week.

> yet...oopsie :P

> fixes

> of reviews.

> be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.

> and cut

> implementation

> Monday.

> hence
> will be

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Robbie.  Should we update qpid JMS ? I think you just had a release ?

tabish121@gmail.com
On 8/24/19 10:58 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> Robbie.  Should we update qpid JMS ? I think you just had a release ?

The 0.45.0 release just closed out today so there will be an update
incoming once it hits central and I create a PR on Monday.

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 2:02 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I just sent a PR [1] I'd like to get in. It's a new feature so reviews are
>> welcome!
>>

>> Justin
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2802
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM Clebert Suconic <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been doing tests (both manually and running the whole
>>> testsuite), and we are ready for a release.
>>>
>>> I will do some final merges... if there's anything you guys want to
>>> include let me know, as I will cut it in a couple hours.

>>> anyway.  If it’s not merged by mid next week.  I will release early next
>>> week.
>>> yet...oopsie :P
>> if
>>> fixes

>> .invalid>
>> round
>>> of reviews.

>>> be merged. I did ping all on it if any outstanding.

>>> and cut

>>> implementation

>>> Monday.

>> reasons.
>>> hence
>>> will be

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Cool.  Please update proton if there is a new version please.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8/24/19 10:58 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > Robbie.  Should we update qpid JMS ? I think you just had a release ?
>
> The 0.45.0 release just closed out today so there will be an update
> incoming once it hits central and I create a PR on Monday.
>

> > On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 2:02 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I just sent a PR [1] I'd like to get in. It's a new feature so reviews
> are
> >> welcome!
> >>

> >> Justin
> >>
> >> [1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2802
> >>
> >> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM Clebert Suconic <
> >> [hidden email]>

> next
> >> if

> >> .invalid>
> >> round

> >> reasons.

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

Robbie Gemmell
The proton-j update was made in another PR early in the week, so that bit
is already done I believe.

Just reading on my phone now so I'll leave the client update for Tim.

Robbie

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, 18:26 Clebert Suconic, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Cool.  Please update proton if there is a new version please.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 8/24/19 10:58 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > > Robbie.  Should we update qpid JMS ? I think you just had a release ?
> >
> > The 0.45.0 release just closed out today so there will be an update
> > incoming once it hits central and I create a PR on Monday.

> > are

> or

> > next

> > --
> > Tim Bish

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
I’m also on the iPhone :). I didn’t mean now. Just any time between Monday.

Have a nice weekend.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The proton-j update was made in another PR early in the week, so that bit
> is already done I believe.
>
> Just reading on my phone now so I'll leave the client update for Tim.
>
> Robbie
>
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, 18:26 Clebert Suconic, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Cool.  Please update proton if there is a new version please.
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Timothy Bish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> > > The 0.45.0 release just closed out today so there will be an update
> > > incoming once it hits central and I create a PR on Monday.

> reviews
> > > are

> on a
> > or

> > > next
> 2.9.0
> key

> > > --
> > > Tim Bish
> > >
> > > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
Besides qpid-jms to be updated? anything else?

I will start a release tomorrow morning, US, EST time.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 4:38 PM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m also on the iPhone :). I didn’t mean now. Just any time between Monday.
>

> Have a nice weekend.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The proton-j update was made in another PR early in the week, so that bit
>> is already done I believe.
>>
>> Just reading on my phone now so I'll leave the client update for Tim.
>>
>> Robbie
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, 18:26 Clebert Suconic, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Cool.  Please update proton if there is a new version please.

>> > or

>> > Clebert Suconic
>> >

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

clebertsuconic
It's Tagged and pushed....will send the VOTE Thread in the afternoon
after I prepare everything.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 12:01 AM Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Besides qpid-jms to be updated? anything else?
>

> I will start a release tomorrow morning, US, EST time.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 4:38 PM Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I’m also on the iPhone :). I didn’t mean now. Just any time between Monday.
> >

> > Have a nice weekend.
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> The proton-j update was made in another PR early in the week, so that bit
> >> is already done I believe.
> >>
> >> Just reading on my phone now so I'll leave the client update for Tim.
> >>
> >> Robbie

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

SuryaNarayan.Bera
Hi,
Can you please let me know how to unsubscribe from this email chain?

Thanks,
Surya
________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 any time between Aug-08 and Aug-12th

jbertram
Send an email to [hidden email]. This information is
on the ActiveMQ website [1].

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/contact/#mailing

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 10:34 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can you please let me know how to unsubscribe from this email chain?
>
> Thanks,
> Surya
> ________________________________

Just a quick one have we ensured we upgraded netty?

Get Outlook for Android

 wrote:

> Besides qpid-jms to be updated? anything else?
>

> I will start a release tomorrow morning, US, EST time.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 4:38 PM Clebert Suconic
>  wrote:
> >
> > I’m also on the iPhone :). I didn’t mean now. Just any time between Monday.
> >

> > Have a nice weekend.
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM Robbie Gemmell  wrote:
> >>
> >> The proton-j update was made in another PR early in the week, so that bit
> >> is already done I believe.
> >>
> >> Just reading on my phone now so I'll leave the client update for Tim.
> >>
> >> Robbie

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>

> --