[HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

12

[HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
As we talked on the release thread for 2.5.0, Lets do a 2.5.1 release in 1

I would afford to delay an extra week depending on the workload that
people may want to add.. but anything beyond that would make into a
2.5.2 or 2.6.0

So, please if you have anything you want to add and possibly delaying
for an extra week, let me know...

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I won't be able to do it next week... I want to push it in 4 weeks from now.

(Unless someone has an urgent need for this release.. on which case i
will need someone else to be the release manager as I can't for
personal reasons ...)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> As we talked on the release thread for 2.5.0, Lets do a 2.5.1 release in 1
>
> I would afford to delay an extra week depending on the workload that
> people may want to add.. but anything beyond that would make into a
> 2.5.2 or 2.6.0
>

> So, please if you have anything you want to add and possibly delaying
> for an extra week, let me know...
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

MichaelAndrePearce
No worries. could be released though before 20th April? I think that’s just at the border with your 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 23 Mar 2018, at 13:51, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I won't be able to do it next week... I want to push it in 4 weeks from now.
>
> (Unless someone has an urgent need for this release.. on which case i
> will need someone else to be the release manager as I can't for
> personal reasons ...)
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> As we talked on the release thread for 2.5.0, Lets do a 2.5.1 release in 1
>>
>> I would afford to delay an extra week depending on the workload that
>> people may want to add.. but anything beyond that would make into a
>> 2.5.2 or 2.6.0
>>

>> So, please if you have anything you want to add and possibly delaying
>> for an extra week, let me know...
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
Sure.. I can do that.. If I can't for any reason I will ask help for
someone else to be the release manager. but it's doable for sure.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Michael André Pearce
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> No worries. could be released though before 20th April? I think that’s just at the border with your 4 weeks.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 23 Mar 2018, at 13:51, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I won't be able to do it next week... I want to push it in 4 weeks from now.
>>
>> (Unless someone has an urgent need for this release.. on which case i
>> will need someone else to be the release manager as I can't for
>> personal reasons ...)
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> As we talked on the release thread for 2.5.0, Lets do a 2.5.1 release in 1
>>>
>>> I would afford to delay an extra week depending on the workload that
>>> people may want to add.. but anything beyond that would make into a
>>> 2.5.2 or 2.6.0
>>>

>>> So, please if you have anything you want to add and possibly delaying
>>> for an extra week, let me know...
>>>

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

pwjenkins
I have been watching for the 2.5.1 release to be announced. Does the release
have a date yet? It looks like before April 20th is reasonable to plan for.
Is that accurate?

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I got side tracked into something else (personal) and couldn't do it
earlier.. sorry about that.

I can do a release (2.5.1) next week. We can later do a 2.5.2 about
mid may. How that sounds?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM, pwjenkins
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have been watching for the 2.5.1 release to be announced. Does the release
> have a date yet? It looks like before April 20th is reasonable to plan for.
> Is that accurate?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

pwjenkins
That would be great timing for us if you can do that without messing up your
other plans. Thank you!

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
There's some house keeping to be done.. a few Pull Requests open
now... i will cut a release as soon as it's ready.

So.. if anyone needs time.. please let me know here. We can still do
another release in 2 or 3 weeks after this one.. (There's no need to
wait months before releases).

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:40 PM, pwjenkins
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> That would be great timing for us if you can do that without messing up your
> other plans. Thank you!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

pwjenkins
Are you on track to release by the end of April?

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I will cut it tomorrow.  I won’t merge anything until it’s out.

@Commiters please don’t break Anything today :)

@everyvody if there is anything you want Merged or committed tomorrow let
me know.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:41 PM pwjenkins <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you on track to release by the end of April?
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
Little snafu today... I'm dealing with a failure in
org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination

will send the vote soon.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will cut it tomorrow.  I won’t merge anything until it’s out.
>
> @Commiters please don’t break Anything today :)
>
> @everyvody if there is anything you want Merged or committed tomorrow let me
> know.
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:41 PM pwjenkins
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Are you on track to release by the end of April?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html
>
> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Robbie Gemmell
I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
due to adding new functionality etc.

Thoughts?

Robbie

On 26 April 2018 at 22:46, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Little snafu today... I'm dealing with a failure in
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination
>
> will send the vote soon.
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I will cut it tomorrow.  I won’t merge anything until it’s out.
>>
>> @Commiters please don’t break Anything today :)
>>
>> @everyvody if there is anything you want Merged or committed tomorrow let me
>> know.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:41 PM pwjenkins
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you on track to release by the end of April?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from:
>>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html
>>
>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

tabish121@gmail.com
On 05/03/2018 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
> 2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
> release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
> time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
> seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
> due to adding new functionality etc.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Robbie

Agreed, given the amount of changes a 2.6.0 release would make more
sense unless 2.5.1 is only a cherry-picking of critical fixes and not
the entire set of changes currently on master.

> On 26 April 2018 at 22:46, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Little snafu today... I'm dealing with a failure in
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination
>>
>> will send the vote soon.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I will cut it tomorrow.  I won’t merge anything until it’s out.
>>>
>>> @Commiters please don’t break Anything today :)
>>>
>>> @everyvody if there is anything you want Merged or committed tomorrow let me
>>> know.

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

From the entire set.. we only have fixes.. and 4 enhancements...
(previously existent features).

I would prefer saving 2.6.0 for a more substantial release.. but if
you guys still prefer calling 2.6.0 I'm fine with that.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
> 2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
> release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
> time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
> seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
> due to adding new functionality etc.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Robbie
>
> On 26 April 2018 at 22:46, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Little snafu today... I'm dealing with a failure in
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination
>>
>> will send the vote soon.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I will cut it tomorrow.  I won’t merge anything until it’s out.
>>>
>>> @Commiters please don’t break Anything today :)
>>>
>>> @everyvody if there is anything you want Merged or committed tomorrow let me
>>> know.

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
Meanwhile please set your fixes as 2.5.1... i will rename it as 2.6.0
before releasing as everything is already filtered there.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> From the entire set.. we only have fixes.. and 4 enhancements...
> (previously existent features).
>
> I would prefer saving 2.6.0 for a more substantial release.. but if
> you guys still prefer calling 2.6.0 I'm fine with that.
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
>> 2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
>> release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
>> time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
>> seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
>> due to adding new functionality etc.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Robbie
>>
>> On 26 April 2018 at 22:46, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Little snafu today... I'm dealing with a failure in
>>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination
>>>
>>> will send the vote soon.

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

christopher.l.shannon
+1 to make this a 2.6.0 release, there are now over 80 commits and
been enough time that I think a 2.6.0 makes more sense

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Meanwhile please set your fixes as 2.5.1... i will rename it as 2.6.0
> before releasing as everything is already filtered there.
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> From the entire set.. we only have fixes.. and 4 enhancements...
>> (previously existent features).
>>
>> I would prefer saving 2.6.0 for a more substantial release.. but if
>> you guys still prefer calling 2.6.0 I'm fine with that.
>>
>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
>>> 2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
>>> release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
>>> time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
>>> seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
>>> due to adding new functionality etc.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Robbie

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I have been clearing the testsuite. Other guys are working with me on
that (Francesco, Justin for instance). I'll do as soon as I'm done.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Christopher Shannon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 to make this a 2.6.0 release, there are now over 80 commits and
> been enough time that I think a 2.6.0 makes more sense
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Meanwhile please set your fixes as 2.5.1... i will rename it as 2.6.0
>> before releasing as everything is already filtered there.
>>
>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> From the entire set.. we only have fixes.. and 4 enhancements...
>>> (previously existent features).
>>>
>>> I would prefer saving 2.6.0 for a more substantial release.. but if
>>> you guys still prefer calling 2.6.0 I'm fine with that.

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I just tagged as 2.6.0... It's uploading...

I will cleanup JIRA tonight / tomorrow.. should send the voting thread
soon (tonight or tomorrow)

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been clearing the testsuite. Other guys are working with me on
> that (Francesco, Justin for instance). I'll do as soon as I'm done.
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Christopher Shannon
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1 to make this a 2.6.0 release, there are now over 80 commits and
>> been enough time that I think a 2.6.0 makes more sense
>>
>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Meanwhile please set your fixes as 2.5.1... i will rename it as 2.6.0
>>> before releasing as everything is already filtered there.

>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

tabish121@gmail.com
On 05/16/2018 11:09 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I just tagged as 2.6.0... It's uploading...
>
> I will cleanup JIRA tonight / tomorrow.. should send the voting thread
> soon (tonight or tomorrow)

This seems a bit backwards to me.  I'd think in the future it'd be nice
to send some notice before you spin the release to give folks some
warning.  The title of this thread still references a 2.5.1 release in a
week which are both incorrect so anyone watching for it might miss the
notice and anyone working on last minute fixes or whatnot gets no notice.

It'd probably be a good idea to do the JIRA cleanup prior to all this as
a way to better gauge where things stand before pulling the trigger and
also give people some better insight into what is in the release when
the vote thread appears.

It probably wouldn't be as big a deal if releases were happening on a
more frequent basis but given the long delay I'd say some warning next
time would probably be the courteous thing to do.

> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have been clearing the testsuite. Other guys are working with me on
>> that (Francesco, Justin for instance). I'll do as soon as I'm done.
>>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Christopher Shannon
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> +1 to make this a 2.6.0 release, there are now over 80 commits and
>>> been enough time that I think a 2.6.0 makes more sense

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

clebertsuconic
I have been pushing this for a few weeks.  I thought it was more than
clear.  I didn’t mean to get anyone by surprise.

Along the conversation here 2.5.1 will just be renamed as 2.6.0.

I’m traveling today and I wanted to tag and upload from home.  And I wanted
something to do tonight at the hotel :).  Sorry for any trouble.

We can try another one shortly in a few weeks. (2 or 3)