Graceful shutdown in ActiveMQ console

amq-vib
Hello,
I've a question regarding the graceful shutdown/stop functionality of the
amq.
Currently we need in our company the possibility for an graceful shutdown of
the ActiveMQ with some timeout.
I see there is a console command implementation for a graceful stop with
timeout, calling a MBean operation:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/console/command/StopGracefullyCommand.java
<https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/console/command/StopGracefullyCommand.java>
The problem is that I can't see this command via the activemq console.

Is there a reason why this isn't shown?

Thank you in advance

Re: Graceful shutdown in ActiveMQ console

jbonofre
Hi,

by console, you mean the admin web console or the CLI ?

Regards
JB

On 30/10/2019 11:09, amq-vib wrote:

> Hello,
> I've a question regarding the graceful shutdown/stop functionality of the
> amq.
> Currently we need in our company the possibility for an graceful shutdown of
> the ActiveMQ with some timeout.
> I see there is a console command implementation for a graceful stop with
> timeout, calling a MBean operation:
> https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/console/command/StopGracefullyCommand.java
> <https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/console/command/StopGracefullyCommand.java>
> The problem is that I can't see this command via the activemq console.
>
> Is there a reason why this isn't shown?
>
> Thank you in advance

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Graceful shutdown in ActiveMQ console

amq-vib
Hi,

by console I mean the CLI.

Greetings :)

Re: Graceful shutdown in ActiveMQ console

Tim Bain
I can't comment on why it's not in the CLI, since I don't have any insight
into how that came to be. But if you'd like to see it in the CLI, please
submit an enhancement request in JIRA.

In the meantime, could you invoke the JMX endpoint you referenced directly,
from outside of the ActiveMQ CLI, via techniques such as those described in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1751130/calling-jmx-mbean-method-from-a-shell-script
?

Tim

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 1:50 AM amq-vib <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> by console I mean the CLI.
>
> Greetings :)
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Graceful shutdown in ActiveMQ console

amq-vib
Hi,

ah OK thank you for your help :)
I will try to submit an issue the next days.
Like you mentioned I implemented a groovy script which calls the function
via jmx.

Have a nice day :)

Greetings