Get java subject from remote interceptor

Get java subject from remote interceptor

Shannon Gallagher
Hello,

I am trying to get a java subject (connection.getSubject()) in a remote
interceptor and it is always null. Ultimately, I would like to prevent
messages from being consumed if the subject's associated principals do not
match what is required by the message (as defined in the message).

Re: Get java subject from remote interceptor

jbertram
I assume you're asking about ActiveMQ Artemis.  If that's the case, it's
worth noting that
org.apache.activemq.artemis.spi.core.protocol.RemotingConnection#getSubject
is only implemented for AMQP connections and it was added when Kerberos
support was implemented. Nothing else in the broker utilizes that method.

In general, security is enforced on an address or queue basis rather than
per-message.

That said, you may be able to implement the functionality you want using a
broker plugin [1] instead of a remote interceptor.

Justin

[1] https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/broker-plugins.html