Fwd: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

jgenender
I think this never got to the AMQ dev lists… just passing it along...

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?
> Date: April 6, 2015 at 10:42:23 AM MDT
> To: Karaf Dev <[hidden email]>, [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Reply-To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi all,
>
> as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:
>
> http://www.codehaus.org/
>
> Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it makes sense to try to anticipate.
> I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net) with the following name:
>
> #apache-activemq
> #apache-archiva
> #apache-camel
> #apache-cxf
> #apache-kalumet
> #apache-karaf
> #apache-servicemix
>
> WDYT ?
>
> Regards
> JB
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

chirino
Freenode has had a registered #activemq channel for a long time.
Perhaps it's best if we keep using that.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think this never got to the AMQ dev lists… just passing it along...
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?
>> Date: April 6, 2015 at 10:42:23 AM MDT
>> To: Karaf Dev <[hidden email]>, [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
>> Reply-To: [hidden email]
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:
>>
>> http://www.codehaus.org/
>>
>> Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it makes sense to try to anticipate.
>> I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net) with the following name:
>>
>> #apache-activemq
>> #apache-archiva
>> #apache-camel
>> #apache-cxf
>> #apache-kalumet
>> #apache-karaf
>> #apache-servicemix
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>



--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

jgenender
Works for me.  Just forwarding it along as it seems a lot of folks adopted the apache-* irc naming conventions.  Looks like the original email didn't make it to the dev list.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Bruce Snyder
In reply to this post by chirino
I don't really care one way or the other. However, the problem with the
#activemq channel is that it's not owned by anyone who is part of the
ActiveMQ project. This means that we can't even change the topic.

Bruce

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Freenode has had a registered #activemq channel for a long time.
> Perhaps it's best if we keep using that.
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I think this never got to the AMQ dev lists… just passing it along...
> >
> >> Begin forwarded message:
> >>
> >> From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?
> >> Date: April 6, 2015 at 10:42:23 AM MDT
> >> To: Karaf Dev <[hidden email]>, [hidden email],
> [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email],
> [hidden email]
> >> Reply-To: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:
> >>
> >> http://www.codehaus.org/
> >>
> >> Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it
> makes sense to try to anticipate.
> >> I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net)
> with the following name:
> >>
> >> #apache-activemq
> >> #apache-archiva
> >> #apache-camel
> >> #apache-cxf
> >> #apache-kalumet
> >> #apache-karaf
> >> #apache-servicemix
> >>
> >> WDYT ?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB
> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >> [hidden email]
> >> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> >> Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>



--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'

ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

seijoed
For Freenode, the right way would be to have Chanserv managed channel that is 

registered under the PMC, it should be #apache-activemq




Then ops and such can be changed.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't really care one way or the other. However, the problem with the
> #activemq channel is that it's not owned by anyone who is part of the
> ActiveMQ project. This means that we can't even change the topic.
> Bruce
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Freenode has had a registered #activemq channel for a long time.
>> Perhaps it's best if we keep using that.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I think this never got to the AMQ dev lists… just passing it along...
>> >
>> >> Begin forwarded message:
>> >>
>> >> From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
>> >> Subject: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?
>> >> Date: April 6, 2015 at 10:42:23 AM MDT
>> >> To: Karaf Dev <[hidden email]>, [hidden email],
>> [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email],
>> [hidden email]
>> >> Reply-To: [hidden email]
>> >>
>> >> Hi all,
>> >>
>> >> as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:
>> >>
>> >> http://www.codehaus.org/
>> >>
>> >> Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it
>> makes sense to try to anticipate.
>> >> I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net)
>> with the following name:
>> >>
>> >> #apache-activemq
>> >> #apache-archiva
>> >> #apache-camel
>> >> #apache-cxf
>> >> #apache-kalumet
>> >> #apache-karaf
>> >> #apache-servicemix
>> >>
>> >> WDYT ?
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >> JB
>> >> --
>> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> >> [hidden email]
>> >> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> >> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Hiram Chirino
>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>
> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'
> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

artnaseef
OK, I'll update the Apache ActiveMQ website to refer to the new #apache-activemq channel on freenode and indicate the old channel is deprecated.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

artnaseef
Ah - Bruce beat me to the update.  I added notes to move away from codehaus and avoid #activemq on FREENODE.