Fwd: I need some help

Javier Crer
Sorry to interrupt you. My name is Javier Crer and i am System Engineer. I don´t know if this email is the correct place where I could ask about an issue I have. I have installed an apache artemis broker but I can't log in by the web console administration because of this message "Failed to log in, forbbiden".

Thanks for all.

Re: I need some help

gaohoward
Hi, Can't see the image attached. But make sure the console address is
http://localhost:8161/console if you keep everything default.
Also if you send your configuration (i.e. everything under /etc dir) I can
take a look.

Howard

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt you. My name is Javier Crer and i am System Engineer. I
> don´t know if this email is the correct place where I could ask about an
> issue I have. I have installed an apache artemis broker but I can't log in
> by the web console administration because of this message "Failed to log
> in, forbbiden".
>
> Thanks for all.
>
> [image: image.png]

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
Howard, How are you?

I'm very happy because of your quick answer. I send you the screenshot again.

I don't use artemis as a service. I run it with the command artemis run

My user is admin and pass is also admin

I also need to add "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC" so as i can run it.

I share my configuration by google drive

Thanks again. I am not going to be tired if I repeat thanks jajaj

El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:07, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi, Can't see the image attached. But make sure the console address is
http://localhost:8161/console if you keep everything default.
Also if you send your configuration (i.e. everything under /etc dir) I can
take a look.

Howard

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt you. My name is Javier Crer and i am System Engineer. I
> don´t know if this email is the correct place where I could ask about an
> issue I have. I have installed an apache artemis broker but I can't log in
> by the web console administration because of this message "Failed to log
> in, forbbiden".
>
> Thanks for all.
>
> [image: image.png]

Re: I need some help

nigro_franz
Just curious...why  "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC"  ? I know that is the
lowest memory footprint but it would make the broker pretty unusable...

Il giorno mer 4 set 2019 alle ore 16:44 Javier Crer <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Howard, How are you?
>
> I'm very happy because of your quick answer. I send you the screenshot
> again.
>
> I don't use artemis as a service. I run it with the command *artemis run*
>
> *My user is admin and pass is also admin*
>
> I also need to add "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC" so as i can run it.
>
> I share my configuration by google drive
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=17H81BGk9XdaohnyIyr-eXmqsdE7-_adJ
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> Thanks again. I am not going to be tired if I repeat thanks jajaj
>
> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:07, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi, Can't see the image attached. But make sure the console address is
>> http://localhost:8161/console if you keep everything default.
>> Also if you send your configuration (i.e. everything under /etc dir) I can
>> take a look.
>>
>> Howard
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry to interrupt you. My name is Javier Crer and i am System
>> Engineer. I
>> > don´t know if this email is the correct place where I could ask about an
>> > issue I have. I have installed an apache artemis broker but I can't log
>> in
>> > by the web console administration because of this message "Failed to log
>> > in, forbbiden".
>> >
>> > Thanks for all.
>> >
>> > [image: image.png]

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
Francesco, if I not set that this is the problem:

I am open to any suggestion

Thanks

ha scritto:

> Howard, How are you?
>
> I'm very happy because of your quick answer. I send you the screenshot
> again.
>
> I don't use artemis as a service. I run it with the command *artemis run*
>
> *My user is admin and pass is also admin*
>
> I also need to add "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC" so as i can run it.
>
> I share my configuration by google drive
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=17H81BGk9XdaohnyIyr-eXmqsdE7-_adJ
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> Thanks again. I am not going to be tired if I repeat thanks jajaj
>
> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:07, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi, Can't see the image attached. But make sure the console address is
>> http://localhost:8161/console if you keep everything default.
>> Also if you send your configuration (i.e. everything under /etc dir) I can
>> take a look.
>>
>> Howard
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry to interrupt you. My name is Javier Crer and i am System
>> Engineer. I
>> > don´t know if this email is the correct place where I could ask about an
>> > issue I have. I have installed an apache artemis broker but I can't log
>> in
>> > by the web console administration because of this message "Failed to log
>> > in, forbbiden".
>> >
>> > Thanks for all.
>> >
>> > [image: image.png]

Re: I need some help

gaohoward
I see your security-enabled is false, so the console won't check the
user/pass. You can give it any value and you still are able to log in.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Francesco, if I not set that this is the problem:
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> I am open to any suggestion
>
> Thanks
>
> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:47, Francesco Nigro (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
>> Just curious...why  "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC"  ? I know that is the
>> lowest memory footprint but it would make the broker pretty unusable...
>>
>> Il giorno mer 4 set 2019 alle ore 16:44 Javier Crer <[hidden email]
>> >
>> ha scritto:
>>
>> > Howard, How are you?
>> >
>> > I'm very happy because of your quick answer. I send you the screenshot
>> > again.
>> >
>> > I don't use artemis as a service. I run it with the command *artemis
>> run*
>> >
>> > *My user is admin and pass is also admin*
>> >
>> > I also need to add "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC" so as i can run it.
>> >
>> > I share my configuration by google drive
>> >
>> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=17H81BGk9XdaohnyIyr-eXmqsdE7-_adJ
>> >
>> > [image: image.png]
>> >
>> > Thanks again. I am not going to be tired if I repeat thanks jajaj

>> can

>> about an
>> log
>> log

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
think that is the clue.

<configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
               xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
               xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
/schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">

   <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">

El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 12:09, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> I see your security-enabled is false, so the console won't check the
> user/pass. You can give it any value and you still are able to log in.
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Francesco, if I not set that this is the problem:
> >
> > [image: image.png]
> >
> > I am open to any suggestion
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:47, Francesco Nigro (<[hidden email]
> >)
> > escribió:
> >
> >> Just curious...why  "set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC"  ? I know that is
> the
> >> lowest memory footprint but it would make the broker pretty unusable...
> >>
> >> Il giorno mer 4 set 2019 alle ore 16:44 Javier Crer <
> [hidden email]

> >> run*

> it.

> >)

> is
> >> can

> >> about an
> >> log
> >> log

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
sorry again i put it explicity <security-enabled>true</security-enabled>. I
have a mistake in the mail before

El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 13:21, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
> explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
> configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
> think that is the clue.
>
> <configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
>                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>                xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
>                xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
> /schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">
>
>    <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">
>
> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 12:09, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
>> I see your security-enabled is false, so the console won't check the
>> user/pass. You can give it any value and you still are able to log in.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Francesco, if I not set that this is the problem:
>> >
>> > [image: image.png]
>> >
>> > I am open to any suggestion
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 11:47, Francesco Nigro (<
>> [hidden email]>)

>> the

>> [hidden email]

>> screenshot

>> it.

>> >)

>> is
>> dir) I

>> can't

Re: I need some help

gaohoward
Hi, can you pass the server.log ?

Howard

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:34 AM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sorry again i put it explicity <security-enabled>true</security-enabled>. I
> have a mistake in the mail before
>
> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 13:21, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
> > Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
> > explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
> > configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
> > think that is the clue.
> >
> > <configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
> >                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >                xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
> >                xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
> > /schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">
> >
> >    <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">
> >
> > El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 12:09, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>)
> > escribió:
> >
> >> I see your security-enabled is false, so the console won't check the
> >> user/pass. You can give it any value and you still are able to log in.

> >> [hidden email]>)

> is
> >> the
> unusable...

> >> [hidden email]

> >> screenshot

> *artemis

> >> it.

> [hidden email]

> address
> >> is
> >> dir) I

> >> can't
> "Failed

Re: I need some help

gaohoward
I noticed you work on Windows. Do you have any firewall settings on windows?
I tried on windows 7 and it works for me. Maybe your installation steps are
different.
Can you share the steps you are using? (the steps you use 'artemis create'
command)

Howard

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM Howard Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, can you pass the server.log ?
>
> Howard
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:34 AM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> sorry again i put it explicity <security-enabled>true</security-enabled>.
>> have a mistake in the mail before
>>
>> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 13:21, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> > Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
>> > explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
>> > configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
>> > think that is the clue.
>> >
>> > <configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
>> >                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >                xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
>> >                xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
>> > /schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">
>> >
>> >    <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
>> > http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">

>> is
>> unusable...

>> *artemis

>> run

>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=17H81BGk9XdaohnyIyr-eXmqsdE7-_adJ

>> [hidden email]

>> address

>> "Failed

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
Howard, I have tried two ways:

  Once I enter in the c:\apache-artemis-2.9.0\bin\:

1)
     - I execute artemis create c:\mybrokerC  in order to install a broker
     - I execute artemis.cmd run (in c:\mybrokerC\bin)

2) This second option is entering automatically user and password, and also allowing anonymous users

    - I execute artemis create c:\mybrokerC --user admin --password admin --allow-anonymous
    - I execute artemis.cmd run (in c:\mybrokerC\bin)

In all cases i have to add to the artemis file this parameter: set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC in line 49 and 56, otherwise i have this message:

Adding that parameter the server works fine.

Thanks again

El jue., 5 sept. 2019 a las 0:53, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
I noticed you work on Windows. Do you have any firewall settings on windows?
I tried on windows 7 and it works for me. Maybe your installation steps are
different.
Can you share the steps you are using? (the steps you use 'artemis create'
command)

Howard

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM Howard Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, can you pass the server.log ?
>
> Howard
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:34 AM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> sorry again i put it explicity <security-enabled>true</security-enabled>.
>> have a mistake in the mail before
>>
>> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 13:21, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> > Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
>> > explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
>> > configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
>> > think that is the clue.
>> >
>> > <configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
>> >                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >                xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
>> >                xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
>> > /schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">
>> >
>> >    <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
>> > http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">

>> is
>> unusable...

>> *artemis

>> run

>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=17H81BGk9XdaohnyIyr-eXmqsdE7-_adJ

>> [hidden email]

>> address

>> "Failed

Re: I need some help

Javier Crer
Howard, I resolve my problem. I have to uninstall dcevm which is another app i had installed and apparently was using the virtual machine of java, so there was no need to use the parameter  set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC.

Thanks for all your time and help. It was very usefull

El jue., 5 sept. 2019 a las 10:00, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Howard, I have tried two ways:

  Once I enter in the c:\apache-artemis-2.9.0\bin\:

1)
     - I execute artemis create c:\mybrokerC  in order to install a broker
     - I execute artemis.cmd run (in c:\mybrokerC\bin)

2) This second option is entering automatically user and password, and also allowing anonymous users

    - I execute artemis create c:\mybrokerC --user admin --password admin --allow-anonymous
    - I execute artemis.cmd run (in c:\mybrokerC\bin)

In all cases i have to add to the artemis file this parameter: set JAVA_ARGS=-XX:+UseSerialGC in line 49 and 56, otherwise i have this message:

Adding that parameter the server works fine.

Thanks again

El jue., 5 sept. 2019 a las 0:53, Howard Gao (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
I noticed you work on Windows. Do you have any firewall settings on windows?
I tried on windows 7 and it works for me. Maybe your installation steps are
different.
Can you share the steps you are using? (the steps you use 'artemis create'
command)

Howard

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM Howard Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, can you pass the server.log ?
>
> Howard
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:34 AM Javier Crer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> sorry again i put it explicity <security-enabled>true</security-enabled>.
>> have a mistake in the mail before
>>
>> El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 13:21, Javier Crer (<[hidden email]>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> > Where you can see that? I read about that in some forums and i put it
>> > explicitly <security-enabled>false</security-enabled> inside the tag
>> > configuration\core in another broker i install but still doesn't work. I
>> > think that is the clue.
>> >
>> > <configuration xmlns="urn:activemq"
>> >                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >                xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
>> >                xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq
>> > /schema/artemis-configuration.xsd">
>> >
>> >    <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core" xmlns:xsi="
>> > http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> >          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq:core ">

>> is
>> unusable...

>> *artemis

>> run