Filter messages entering queue with REST API

Filter messages entering queue with REST API

footh
I have a bunch of clients sending messages to a queue via HTTP post (with XML bodies) using the MessageServlet.  This is a change from a legacy application where they were just sending the XML messages to a custom servlet that we're getting rid of.

Things work well, though I was wondering if there is a way to filter messages coming in through the post by inspecting the XML and throwing out messages that don't contain a certain string.

The key is I would prefer to be able to do this in configuration.  I have a little web app that hosts the MessageServlet (similar to the demo app) where I would like to house this "filter".  Is there any way to do this at all, and if so, what's the best way to go about it?  I confess that I may be being a little naive when it comes to ActiveMQ so the answer may be obvious or not possible.

Thanks for any help.