Failover with SSL Does Not Reconnect Properly

Failover with SSL Does Not Reconnect Properly

urciolo
We are using ActiveMQ 5.4.1.  It seems when using SSL to connect to a remote broker (while having a non-SSl local broker), reconnections always go to localhost and not the remote broker.  This is only the case with the SSL transport.  The TCP transport seems to work correctly.

One thing I noticed is the FailoverTransport.processNewTransports(control.isRebalanceConnection(), control.getConnectedBrokers()) has control.getConnectedBrokers() returning localhost, when I am guessing it should be the remote broker.  This causes a new URL to be generated to localhost and added to the list, which then causes a connect to be made to this new URL.

Any idea what is wrong?

Stack Trace Below:
------------------
        FailoverTransport.add(boolean, URI[]) line: 625
        FailoverTransport.updateURIs(boolean, URI[]) line: 1068
        FailoverTransport.processNewTransports(boolean, String) line: 288
        FailoverTransport.handleConnectionControl(ConnectionControl) line: 268
        FailoverTransport$3.onCommand(Object) line: 180
        WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(Object) line: 113
        InactivityMonitor.onCommand(Object) line: 217
        SslTransport(TransportSupport).doConsume(Object) line: 83
        SslTransport.doConsume(Object) line: 91
        SslTransport(TcpTransport).doRun() line: 219
        SslTransport(TcpTransport).run() line: 201
        Thread.run() line: 662

Re: Failover with SSL Does Not Reconnect Properly

dejanb
Hi,

can you create a test case and open a Jira for this?

Dejan Bosanac
FuseSource - The experts in open source integration and messaging.
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/dejanb
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net