Failover Transport hangs forever on connection.start() in Master/Slave

Failover Transport hangs forever on connection.start() in Master/Slave

smantri
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I have Master/Slave broker url for failover transport as follows:
(ssl://brokerurl1:61616,ssl://brokerurl2:61616)?timeout=5000&startupMaxReconnectAttempts=5&maxReconnectAttempts=5

Client picks up one broker url at random, if the url picked up to connect at
random is slave, the call hangs forever at connection.start(). Above
mentioned failover transport options are not being considered in this case.
I don't want to set randomize option to false.

I am using activemq broker and activemq client version 5.15.3. I see the  issue when client first time
tries to connect to activemq broker and if the randomly picked broker url
happens to be slave, the call is stuck forever in FailoverTransport class at
the following point:

##############################
 @Override
    public void oneway(Object o) throws IOException {

        Command command = (Command) o;
        Exception error = null;
        try {

            synchronized (reconnectMutex) {         <<blocked here>>

call is stuck at the above point till i make one of the instance(either
master or slave) for activemq go down.

Can anyone help understanding how can I make it respond and not hang
forever?

Thanks!