Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

arpita
We have a application which currently uses IBM MQ as messaging provider. For the fail-over implementation, the application tries to re-connect
based on some error-codes thrown by the MQ provider. For the IBM MQ, the fail-over error codes registered in the application are like
MQJMS2005,MQJMS2007,MQJMS2008.

Now, we are planning to use Active MQ(5.8) (set up as Master - Slave) instead of IBM MQ. So, when a broker is down, does the Active MQ throws any error code based on which
it can be deduced that the application needs to retry to reconnect.

Re: Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

artnaseef
There are no error codes of that nature.  Have you tried testing various scenarios to see if they are distinguishable from the exceptions thrown?

By the way - what types of distinctions are made here on the client side, and how does it operate differently in various scenarios?

Re: Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

seijoed
The whole idea is that the activemq client handles the reconnect, use the failover URI with two tcp connections.