Dollar Sign in files names

rmartinez-sanchez@nds.com

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a problem building an RPM from the activemq tarball downloaded and I was wondering if anyone could help me on this.

In several locations like:
/apache-activemq-5.5.0/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/activemq/web/filter/

there are files that contain a Dollar sign on them, i.e.

ApplicationContextFilter$1.class
ApplicationContextFilter$2.class

These files names make the rpmbuild process to fail as it does not copy properly these files because of the $ sign.

Could anyone tell me the porpuse of these files and the reason of the dollar sign?

Regards

Raul