Does the NIO connector use dramatically less memory?

Does the NIO connector use dramatically less memory?

Kevin Burton
We just deployed the NIO connector as a test and it looks like it’s using
1/3rd the memory in our configuration vs the TCP connector.

I would definitely be happy with that outcome.. but we were using thread
pooling with the TCP connector and I didn’t see many threads being used.
What was the memory used for before?

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
<http://spinn3r.com>

Re: Does the NIO connector use dramatically less memory?

xabhi
Hi,
I have also just started using NIO in my setup. The average memory usage is same what it used to be with TCP but threads usage reduced a lot. Another thing is I observe that memory usage oscillates a lot in case of NIO. I am not sure if its a good thing ? May be someone from ActiveMQ dev team can opine on this

Thanks,
Abhi