Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

devnull
Does ActiveMQ have something between persistent and non persistent messages? E.g.: messages are sent to the broker's memory and are lazily written to disk if they start to overflow memory?

Ideally the behavior I'm looking for is the speed of nonpersistent messages but if the consumers get backed up that most of the messages are logged to disk, if a crash occurs I lose whatever was in memory but the overflow on disk gets reloaded back into ram to be processed by the consumers.

thanks

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

dejanb
Hi,

you can use asynchronous sending. See

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-asynchronous-sending.html and
http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html

for more info

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac
-----------------

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM, devnull <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does ActiveMQ have something between persistent and non persistent messages?
> E.g.: messages are sent to the broker's memory and are lazily written to
> disk if they start to overflow memory?
>
> Ideally the behavior I'm looking for is the speed of nonpersistent messages
> but if the consumers get backed up that most of the messages are logged to
> disk, if a crash occurs I lose whatever was in memory but the overflow on
> disk gets reloaded back into ram to be processed by the consumers.
>
> thanks

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

devnull
thanks Dejan, that worked perfect :)

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

Aleksandar Ivanisevic-3
Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> you can use asynchronous sending. See
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-asynchronous-sending.html and
> http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html

Is this available for STOMP too?

[...]

--
Ti si arogantan, prepotentan i peglaš vlastitu frustraciju. -- Ivan
Tišljar, hr.comp.os.linux

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

dejanb
Hi,

this is a JMS client feature. Stomp commands are always sent
asynchronously. You can generally instruct the broker to send receipts
for the received frames with RECEIPT header
(http://stomp.github.com/stomp-specification-1-1.html#receipt)

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac
FuseSource - The experts in open source integration and messaging.
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/dejanb
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net