Defining a Queue to a Topic with ActiveMQ

Defining a Queue to a Topic with ActiveMQ

Penguin

In Hawtio, when I define a topic, how do I define a destination queue to the topic?  Or is that in the hands of the publishing application?

Re: Defining a Queue to a Topic with ActiveMQ

James Strachan-2
A destination is either a queue or a topic. If you want to consume from a
queue/topic and send to a topic/queue the easiest thing is to create a
camel route to bridge them. (There's also virtual destinations in ActiveMQ
which do a similar thing)
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

--
James
-------

Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: jstrachan, fusenews
Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration

RE: Defining a Queue to a Topic with ActiveMQ

Penguin
So basically you can have a producer put to a topic called Apples, and the subscriber subscribing to the topic object named Apples, without the need for the queue object.  If you want a topic destination created (queueA or queueB), you might consider using Camel routes?

Open Source Integration

Re: Defining a Queue to a Topic with ActiveMQ

James Strachan-2
Yeah; if producer and consumer both use the same kind of destination (both
queue or both topic) and they use the same name then there's no need for
camel / virtual destinations.

Note in activemq you usually don't need to define queue/topic objects;
creating a producer / consumer is enough

--
James
-------