Debug JMS environment

couzteau
Hi,
I have added JMS support a web app and ran into an expected problem when I went live with the app. All test machines worked great but the live server has a different and complex network environment that I don't have control of. So the problem is that messages are not being received by clients. Only if I run a client on the server itself I can receive messages, not from any other location.

The message broker runs on tcp://myp.corp.mycomp.com:61616 my clients can connect but never receive. How could the traffic be blocked? I guess it could be a firewall on a router or a  somewhere on the network.

But what would I have to look for?
What port are messages sent over? Would that be 61616 or another?

Ho does the communication between client and broker work in detail? Is there website or a docment online that clarify these details?

Thanks very much for help.

Jacques

RE: Debug JMS environment

Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)
On your live server ,run jconsole.exe (comes with JDK)and connect to the
java process pertaining to your application.
You can see the threads used by active mq , the port numbers for the JMS
receiver/sender in your application.
Also turn on the debug mode of active mq ,
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-debug-logging.html.

Thanks,
Suchitha.

RE: Debug JMS environment

couzteau
Thank you.
That was just what I was looking for.

jacques

RE: Debug JMS environment

couzteau
Turns out the problems was having explicitQosEnabled=true and a short timeToLive. The system clocks of producer, broker and consumer deviated hence messages were expired before they were ever delivered.

Re: Debug JMS environment

gtully
thanks for your reply with the solution. Just fyi: the timeStampPlugin can
help in this situation: see http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.html

2009/12/18 couzteau <[hidden email]>

> Turns out the problems was having explicitQosEnabled=true and a short
> timeToLive. The system clocks of producer, broker and consumer deviated
> hence messages were expired before they were ever delivered.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com