Deadlock in NMS/ActiveMQ

tedca
All --

I'm hoping for some help.  The following code reproduces a deadlock with both NMS 1.1.0 and trunk (Revision 882781).  The example behaves better under the trunk but still locks up after about 3 minutes.

I've tried this with ActiveMQ 5.2 and 5.3 with essentially the stock configs (discovery turned off and limits increased).

Thanks for the help,

Ted C.

nms_repro.zip

Re: Deadlock in NMS/ActiveMQ

tedca
Please disregard this.  We are see deadlocks in our application but the repro code included in the original message is incorrect.

Thanks,

Ted C.
Ted C. wrote
All --

I'm hoping for some help.  The following code reproduces a deadlock with both NMS 1.1.0 and trunk (Revision 882781).  The example behaves better under the trunk but still locks up after about 3 minutes.

I've tried this with ActiveMQ 5.2 and 5.3 with essentially the stock configs (discovery turned off and limits increased).

Thanks for the help,

Ted C.

nms_repro.zip

Re: Deadlock in NMS/ActiveMQ

tabish121@gmail.com
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 16:50 -0800, Ted C. wrote:
> Please disregard this.  We are see deadlocks in our application but the repro
> code included in the original message is incorrect.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ted C.
>
> Ted C. wrote:

If you do find a problem please feel free to open a new Jira issue and
attach a sample that demonstrates the problem.

Regards
Tim.

> > All --
> >
> > I'm hoping for some help.  The following code reproduces a deadlock with
> > both NMS 1.1.0 and trunk (Revision 882781).  The example behaves better
> > under the trunk but still locks up after about 3 minutes.
> >
> > I've tried this with ActiveMQ 5.2 and 5.3 with essentially the stock
> > configs (discovery turned off and limits increased).
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> >
> > Ted C.
> >
> >  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26451917/nms_repro.zip nms_repro.zip

http://fusesource.com
http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Deadlock in NMS/ActiveMQ

tedca
Tim --

Thanks.  It looks like this was an issue with 1.1 but is fixed in trunk.  Is there any indication when the next release will be?

Thanks,

Ted C.

Timothy Bish wrote

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 17:26 -0800, Ted C. wrote:
> Tim --
>
> Thanks.  It looks like this was an issue with 1.1 but is fixed in trunk.  Is
> there any indication when the next release will be?

Glad the hear that its working.

The next release is in progress, you should see a release candidate in a
few days.

Regards
Tim.

http://fusesource.com