[DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

12

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

James Carman
Unless anyone objects, I don't think we need an "official" VOTE.  Thus
far, it appears we have consensus.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we need an official vote thread for these kinds of changes?
> Perhaps this discussion thread is good enough?
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think we need to have Hiram request this since he is the chair of the PMC.
>>
>> On Tuesday, April 7, 2015, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually the mailing lists are different
>>>
>>> https://infra.apache.org/officers/mlreq

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

jgomes
I'm OK with moving JIRA notices to a separate list.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, 1:22 PM Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we need an official vote thread for these kinds of changes?
> Perhaps this discussion thread is good enough?
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I think we need to have Hiram request this since he is the chair of the
> PMC.
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 7, 2015, James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Actually the mailing lists are different
> >>
> >> https://infra.apache.org/officers/mlreq

> by

> );'

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

Bruce Snyder
The purpose of the PMC chair is to represent the project to the board.

I supposed it would be a good idea to vote on this change on the dev@ list.

Bruce

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

Bruce Snyder
I don't think we need a vote, but I won't stand in the way of one.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

artnaseef
I'm OK either way.  This is something that can be undone without too much hassle if a later objection arises, but not without a little impact (that is messages in the interim being in a different place).

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

chirino
How about this.. Lets request the change 72 hours after this thread
was started. So 3 days - 5 hours :)  That way, we lets folks in
different time zones get a chance to object if they want.  After that
we can call it lazy consensus and be done with it.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think we need a vote, but I won't stand in the way of one.
>
> Bruce
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Unless anyone objects, I don't think we need an "official" VOTE.  Thus
>> far, it appears we have consensus.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Do we need an official vote thread for these kinds of changes?
>> > Perhaps this discussion thread is good enough?

>> PMC.

>> by

>> me?

>> );'

>> > --
>> > Hiram Chirino
>> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>

> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'

> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

James Carman
Sounds good.  There's no reason to rush this by any stretch of the
imagination.  Lazy consensus is just fine for this sort of thing, I'd
think.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about this.. Lets request the change 72 hours after this thread
> was started. So 3 days - 5 hours :)  That way, we lets folks in
> different time zones get a chance to object if they want.  After that
> we can call it lazy consensus and be done with it.
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't think we need a vote, but I won't stand in the way of one.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Unless anyone objects, I don't think we need an "official" VOTE.  Thus
>>> far, it appears we have consensus.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

>>> PMC.

>>> by

>>> me?

>>> );'

>> --
>> perl -e 'print
>> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'
>>
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
>> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

jgomes
+1 for lazy consensus.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, 1:44 PM James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sounds good.  There's no reason to rush this by any stretch of the
> imagination.  Lazy consensus is just fine for this sort of thing, I'd
> think.
>

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > How about this.. Lets request the change 72 hours after this thread
> > was started. So 3 days - 5 hours :)  That way, we lets folks in
> > different time zones get a chance to object if they want.  After that
> > we can call it lazy consensus and be done with it.
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> I don't think we need a vote, but I won't stand in the way of one.
> >>
> >> Bruce
> >>
> >> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, James Carman <
> [hidden email]>

> [hidden email]>
> the

> accomplished
> the

> help

> "YC;VT*"

> >> --
> >> perl -e 'print
> >> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
> );'
> >>
> >> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
> >> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
> >> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
> >

> > --
> > Hiram Chirino
> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

dejanb
+1 for separate lists

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Jim Gomes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for lazy consensus.
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, 1:44 PM James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Sounds good.  There's no reason to rush this by any stretch of the
> > imagination.  Lazy consensus is just fine for this sort of thing, I'd
> > think.
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > How about this.. Lets request the change 72 hours after this thread
> > > was started. So 3 days - 5 hours :)  That way, we lets folks in
> > > different time zones get a chance to object if they want.  After that
> > > we can call it lazy consensus and be done with it.

> > [hidden email]>

> Thus

> [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]>
> of
> > the

> [hidden email]

> > accomplished
> select
> > the

> > help

> Nabble.com.

> > "YC;VT*"

> > );'

> > > --
> > > Hiram Chirino
> > > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

Martyn Taylor
+1 for separate JIRA list.  [hidden email] makes sense to me.

On 08/04/15 10:46, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> +1 for separate lists
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Jim Gomes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for lazy consensus.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, 1:44 PM James Carman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds good.  There's no reason to rush this by any stretch of the
>>> imagination.  Lazy consensus is just fine for this sort of thing, I'd
>>> think.

>>> [hidden email]>

>> Thus

>> [hidden email]>

>>> [hidden email]>
>> of
>>> the
>> [hidden email]

>>> accomplished
>> select
>>> the

>>> help

>> Nabble.com.

>>> "YC;VT*"

>>> );'

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

andytaylor
+1

On 08/04/15 11:09, Martyn Taylor wrote:

> +1 for separate JIRA list.  [hidden email] makes sense to me.
>
> On 08/04/15 10:46, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
>> +1 for separate lists
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>> ----------------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> [hidden email]
>> Twitter: @dejanb
>> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Jim Gomes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for lazy consensus.

>>> Thus

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> of
>>> [hidden email]

>>> select

>>> Nabble.com.

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

+0

Mail filters working fine here, but if you do this please ensure it is
properly announced and documented on the Wiki so folks can find the new
mailing list.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using Nabble, as I do, to keep up with the dev mailing list, this is what
> it
> looks like to me whenever I look:
>
> <
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4694420/HeresWhatDevListLooksLike.png
> >

> Actually, there are two more discussions easily visible this time than I
> normally see.  All of the jira, github, and other (?) notifications make it
> hard to find meaningful discussions.
>
> Any ideas on how we can solve this?

-------------------
RedHat Software
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: tabish121
Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com

What are the next steps here?

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

Bruce Snyder
I just submitted a request to create the mailing list, so it should be
created very soon. After that, the only thing left to do is the redirect
the email notifications from the various ActiveMQ JIRA spaces to the new
list.

Bruce

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are the next steps here?

perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [DISCUSS] dev mailing list is cluttered

jbonofre
Thanks for that Bruce !

Regards
JB

On 04/23/2015 06:16 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> I just submitted a request to create the mailing list, so it should be
> created very soon. After that, the only thing left to do is the redirect
> the email notifications from the various ActiveMQ JIRA spaces to the new
> list.
>
> Bruce
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What are the next steps here?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net