[DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

[DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

clebertsuconic
Trying to be more positive here... ;)

Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....

we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.

(we would focus on hacking and coding).

Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...

... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
C well :) that's enough!!!!

I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
doesn't work.. we could do next year.

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

Bruce Snyder
This is an excellent idea, I like it. We can start by walking through the
Artemis code base and let it evolve into discussing the roadmap. I also
like the idea of recording the call and making it available so that others
who cannot attend so that they could view it at a later time. In fact, even
though I am in favor of this idea, depending on the time of day I may not
be able to participate as my mornings are typically filled with meetings
from 7-11am every day.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

clebertsuconic
Maybe we could alternate times... once in the morning (to *favour* UK
and European people..) once in the afternoon / evenings to favor
America's people.. that includes US and Latin America)...

it will be recorded regardless..

We could make this first one between afternoon or evening. (assuming
everyone likes the idea of keep doing it)

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is an excellent idea, I like it. We can start by walking through the
> Artemis code base and let it evolve into discussing the roadmap. I also
> like the idea of recording the call and making it available so that others
> who cannot attend so that they could view it at a later time. In fact, even
> though I am in favor of this idea, depending on the time of day I may not
> be able to participate as my mornings are typically filled with meetings
> from 7-11am every day.
>
> Bruce
>
> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>>
>> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
>> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>>
>> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>>

>> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>>

>> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>>

>> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
>> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>>

>> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
>> doesn't work.. we could do next year.
>>
>> --
>> Clebert Suconic
>>

> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'

> Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

clebertsuconic
Although if we make it in the afternoon.. it would be night for UK /
Europe.. What UK/Europe people think?

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe we could alternate times... once in the morning (to *favour* UK
> and European people..) once in the afternoon / evenings to favor
> America's people.. that includes US and Latin America)...
>
> it will be recorded regardless..
>
> We could make this first one between afternoon or evening. (assuming
> everyone likes the idea of keep doing it)
>
> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This is an excellent idea, I like it. We can start by walking through the
>> Artemis code base and let it evolve into discussing the roadmap. I also
>> like the idea of recording the call and making it available so that others
>> who cannot attend so that they could view it at a later time. In fact, even
>> though I am in favor of this idea, depending on the time of day I may not
>> be able to participate as my mornings are typically filled with meetings
>> from 7-11am every day.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>>>
>>> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
>>> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>>>
>>> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>>>

>>> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>>>

>>> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>>>

>>> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
>>> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>>>

>>> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
>>> doesn't work.. we could do next year.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Clebert Suconic
>>>

>> --
>> perl -e 'print
>> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'
>>
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
>> Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

Matt Pavlovich-2
Clebert-

I think this is a great idea. I really appreciated when you did this for
me in the past. It was informative and helped me clarify my questions on
feature gaps.

-Matt

On 12/7/17 9:55 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>
> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>
> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>

> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>

> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>

> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>

> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
> doesn't work.. we could do next year.

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

MichaelAndrePearce
What a great idea.

I wouldn’t even wait for a more friendly UK time one , I’d be there even if it was evening here!! This would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> On 7 Dec 2017, at 16:20, Matt Pavlovich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Clebert-
>
> I think this is a great idea. I really appreciated when you did this for me in the past. It was informative and helped me clarify my questions on feature gaps.
>
> -Matt
>
>> On 12/7/17 9:55 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>>
>> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
>> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>>
>> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>>

>> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>>

>> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>>

>> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
>> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>>

>> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
>> doesn't work.. we could do next year.

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

Martyn Taylor
Nice idea Clebert.  I'd be happy to jump on and help out.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Matt Pavlovich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Clebert-
>
> I think this is a great idea. I really appreciated when you did this for
> me in the past. It was informative and helped me clarify my questions on
> feature gaps.
>
> -Matt
>

> On 12/7/17 9:55 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>
>> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>>
>> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
>> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>>
>> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>>

>> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>>

>> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>>

>> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
>> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>>

>> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
>> doesn't work.. we could do next year.

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

art.licis
I'm currently in process of getting familiar with a codebase, and would be
very happy if this happens, great initiative!

- Art

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Trying to be more positive here... ;)
>
> Would there be anyone interested on having a walk through on Artemis
> Codebase.. how things works, hacking time... questions....
>
> we could record it.. and post it online for a later view.
>

> (we would focus on hacking and coding).
>

> Maybe, we could make this more often afterwards...
>

> ... you will deal with my accent.. but I speak Java and some level of
> C well :) that's enough!!!!
>

> I would be able to put something together on Dec-18th... if that
> doesn't work.. we could do next year.

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

Pat Fox

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

Pat Fox

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

artnaseef
+1 Count me in.  Hope I can make it.

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

christopher.l.shannon
+1 from me as well.  Recording the session is a great idea for anyone who
can’t make it

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:52 PM artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 Count me in.  Hope I can make it.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Video call on ActiveMQ Artemis

nigro_franz
+1 I've had something similar with Clebert in the past and it was very
useful indeed!

Thanks Clebert for this great idea and I agree with Michael that probably I
will follow it in the evening too :)

Cheers,
Franz