[DISCUSS] Deprecating or removing the parameter failoverOnInitialConnection

[DISCUSS] Deprecating or removing the parameter failoverOnInitialConnection

brusdev
Te parameter failoverOnInitialConnection wouldn't seem be used and I can't
understand the sense of this parameter because the failover will not occur
if the client fails to make an initial connection to the live server
(https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/ha.html#failing-over-on-the-initial-connection).
Am I missing something?

So I think the parameter could be deprecated or removed from the API.

Thoughts?

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecating or removing the parameter failoverOnInitialConnection

clebertsuconic
The parameter makes no sense any more.  As you can see we retry individual
connectors in loop now.  So someone can just add the backup in the initial
connection.

We can certainly get rid of the parameter.  It’s jjst a matter of breaking
current client code.  So we have to deprecate any public methods and create
new ones without the parameter.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 8:21 AM brusdev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Te parameter failoverOnInitialConnection wouldn't seem be used and I can't
> understand the sense of this parameter because the failover will not occur
> if the client fails to make an initial connection to the live server
> (
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/ha.html#failing-over-on-the-initial-connection
> ).
> Am I missing something?
>
> So I think the parameter could be deprecated or removed from the API.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecating or removing the parameter failoverOnInitialConnection

brusdev
I created the PR https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2866 to
deprecate the parameter failoverOnInitialConnection.