[DISCUSS] Artemis Advisory Support

christopher.l.shannon
One thing that is missing is 5.x style advisory support so I wanted to
discuss how we can add that.  The two ideas I had were to either expand on
the notification service support that already exists (ie add more
notification types) or to implement it using the plugin API.

The easiest thing would be to just add new notification types to match
existing advisory messages that were in 5.x.  This uses the Core protocol
and would be different addresses.  I'm not sure if it also makes sense to
try and have a plugin that will also publish OpenWire style advisory
messages to the legacy 5.x topics as well.

What do you guys think?

Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis Advisory Support

andytaylor
definitely expand on the notifications already there, It wouldnt make sens
to have 2 different implementations. What we also would need to do is
replace the current advisory support that is built into the Openwire
protocol with this.

On 10 January 2018 at 13:19, Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> One thing that is missing is 5.x style advisory support so I wanted to
> discuss how we can add that.  The two ideas I had were to either expand on
> the notification service support that already exists (ie add more
> notification types) or to implement it using the plugin API.
>
> The easiest thing would be to just add new notification types to match
> existing advisory messages that were in 5.x.  This uses the Core protocol
> and would be different addresses.  I'm not sure if it also makes sense to
> try and have a plugin that will also publish OpenWire style advisory
> messages to the legacy 5.x topics as well.
>
> What do you guys think?

Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis Advisory Support

christopher.l.shannon
I think using the notification support is fine but just wondering from the
standpoint of backwards compatibility if someone has software already
listening for OpenWire advisories.  However I do agree it would be a pain
to have to support 2 types.