[DISCUSS] ActiveMQ KahaDB Export Tool 0.1.0

[DISCUSS] ActiveMQ KahaDB Export Tool 0.1.0

christopher.l.shannon
Hi Everyone,

With the release of Apache Artemis 2.0.0 coming this week I wanted to get
some feedback on the KahaDB Export tool before tagging version 0.1.0.  I'm
calling it version 0.1.0 for now as I would still consider it beta quality
and don't want to promote it to a version 1.0.0 until it has gone through
more testing. The export tool only supports Artemis 2.0.0+ as it is using
the newest schema.

Github mirror: https://github.com/apache/activemq-cli-tools

Currently there is just a snapshot version so you need to build it from
source. I just updated the Artemis dependency to version 2.0.0. (So you'll
need to build that yourself or grab it from the staging repo)

Right now the tool supports exporting a KahaDB or MultiKahaDB store to the
Artemis XML format. This converts the messages to CORE as that is what the
import tool for Artemis can currently handle.  There is support for
compression using gzip and support for filtering a subset of destinations
by pattern.  I have only tested this on Linux and it probably needs some
work for Windows.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback if people get time to test it out.
Any suggestions, criticisms, etc are welcome.

Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ KahaDB Export Tool 0.1.0

tabish121@gmail.com
I played around with it a bit, nice work!  It was faster than I thought
it'd be to export a largish store which is nice.  I think an initial
release is not a bad idea, gets you something out that people can kick
the tires on for sure.  Once the 2.0.0 release is done I'd go for it.

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/