Quantcast

Cross platform and language messaging

zeus1985
Our organization has wide variety of languages java, python, .net, groovy etc., We would like to have XATransactions for the clients that are interested having these type of transactions. Can all these platforms send and receive JMS messages? I read through the features, but it is not clear if I can use all the protocols together (AMQP, JMS, Stomp) so that it supports all the platforms? or Only one protocol can be configured at a time.

Could some one shed light on this. Thank you.

Re: Cross platform and language messaging

clebertsuconic
Artemis will make proper conversions when you are crossing the protocol barrier.

Although in case you sending an AMQP message, you have to follow the
JMS Mapping if you are expecting the message to be received property
on the other end. That's especially the case with Bodies..  (for
instnace you can't send a BooleanValue on a property and expect it to
be properly received on a java client using OpenWire, or on a AMQP
Client using JMS if that property doesn't make much sense in JMS
terms.. that's the only caveat).

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:42 PM, zeus1985 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our organization has wide variety of languages java, python, .net, groovy
> etc., We would like to have XATransactions for the clients that are
> interested having these type of transactions. Can all these platforms send
> and receive JMS messages? I read through the features, but it is not clear
> if I can use all the protocols together (AMQP, JMS, Stomp) so that it
> supports all the platforms? or Only one protocol can be configured at a
> time.
>
> Could some one shed light on this. Thank you.

Re: Cross platform and language messaging

clebertsuconic
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/53086/amqp-bindmap-jms-v1.0-wd05.pdf