Core client not failing over when Artemis configured with HA policy of replication and colocated backups

Core client not failing over when Artemis configured with HA policy of replication and colocated backups

ryeats
Our current setup is basically the same as the replicated-failback-static example and we were thinking of switching to using collocated so that we could have both servers service requests and act as backup for each other. To this end I changed the ha-policy as follows but it doesn’t seem to work the core client will not failover even though Artemis is clustered and sharing messages am I missing some configuration?

<ha-policy>
   <replication>
      <colocated>
         <request-backup>true</request-backup>
         <master/>
         <slave>
            <scale-down/>
         </slave>
      </colocated>
   </replication>
</ha-policy>

The rest of the broker.xml is lifted from the replicated-failback-static the client is configure with ha=true and reconnectAttemps=-1 I tested against latest 2.12 SNAPSHOT of Artemis.

Ryan Yeats