Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

ravi999
Hi All,

Is there a way to Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue within
ActiveMQ instead of using java code or apache camel code ?

Thanks

Re: Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

Tim Bain
No, in the most general case, that's not possible without writing code in
some language (Java, Camel, etc.). But you can use an embedded Camel route
within the broker process, if you wanted the code to run in the broker
instead of on an external runtime.

Alternatively, depending on your use case, you might be able to use virtual
destinations (http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html) to get
the behavior you want, if you don't need to operate on already-existing
queues and topics. But this won't work if you need to simply move messages
from one pre-existing destination to another.

Tim

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018, 2:16 PM ravi999 <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue within
> ActiveMQ instead of using java code or apache camel code ?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

ravi999
We are actually subscribing to a ActiveMQ topic using ETL Tool. After running
for 15-20 days, the job is failing with jms exceptions or due to server
issues. In that cases any messages broadcasted by the ActiveMQ topic when
the consumer is not active are lost. Is there any way to retain the message
in ActiveMQ Topic so that our consumer (ETL code) can pick the messages from
the time it was down so that there will be no data loss.

Re: Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

Tim Bain
Yes, make your subscription durable, so that it will remain even while the
subscriber is disconnected. The mechanism for doing that will probably
depend on your ETL framework.

Just make sure you unsubscribe when you're done using the subscription, to
avoid accumulating messages you'll never consume.

Tim

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018, 6:08 PM ravi999 <[hidden email] wrote:

> We are actually subscribing to a ActiveMQ topic using ETL Tool. After
> running
> for 15-20 days, the job is failing with jms exceptions or due to server
> issues. In that cases any messages broadcasted by the ActiveMQ topic when
> the consumer is not active are lost. Is there any way to retain the message
> in ActiveMQ Topic so that our consumer (ETL code) can pick the messages
> from
> the time it was down so that there will be no data loss.
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

ravi999
Is there any video\blog listing the steps to create virtual
topic\destinations? I have gone through below link and the activemq UI, I
didn't find a way to create virtual topic\destinations

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

Re: Copy Message From ActiveMQ topic to ActiveMQ queue

Tim Bain
That's because it's a configuration-time setting done via activemq.xml
rather than a runtime configuration done via the web console.

An example is in the "Customizing the out-of-the-box defaults" section of
the page you linked to.

Tim