Connecting jetty websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket connector

Connecting jetty websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket connector

aragoubi
I am trying to connect a websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket acceptor.
I am following this example https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/jetty-websocket-client-api.html.

When client try to connect to the broker, I am getting this exception in the broker log :
WARN [io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline] An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception.: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.NullPointerException.

This is the full stacktrace: logArtemis.txt.

Could someone help me with this ?
Also, is it possible to use mqtt with websocket?

Re: Connecting jetty websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket connector

Justin Bertram
From what I can tell your client isn't actually speaking a valid protocol
with the server.  Do you have a GitHub project with your client that I can
take a look at?  Artemis ships with a STOMP/websocket example.  It's in
<ARTEMIS_HOME>/examples/protocols/stomp/stomp-websockets.  I just ran it on
2.2.0 and it worked fine.  It uses the stomp.js library.

I believe MQTT would work with web sockets, but I don't believe there's
been any testing around this use-case.

Justin

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM, aragoubi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to connect a websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket
> acceptor.
> I am following this example
> https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/jetty-
> websocket-client-api.html
> <https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/
> jetty-websocket-client-api.html>
> .
>
> When client try to connect to the broker, I am getting this exception in
> the
> broker log :
> *WARN [io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline] An exceptionCaught() event
> was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the
> last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception.:
> io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.NullPointerException*.
>
> This is the full stacktrace:  logArtemis.txt
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4729345/logArtemis.txt>  .
>
> Could someone help me with this ?
> Also, is it possible to use mqtt with websocket?

Re: Connecting jetty websocket client to artemis stomp over websocket connector

aragoubi
I found an example which help me with this https://github.com/inventit/mqtt-websocket-java.
Now, I am trying to manage queue using jmx, but unfortunately, even that I am following the code of  jmx example, It doesn't work. I will post another question for this problem.
Thank you for your response.