Configure ActiveMQ (on AWS) for heartbeat read grace period

Configure ActiveMQ (on AWS) for heartbeat read grace period

gilp
I'm struggling with configuring for coping with broken connections. I'm
getting the impression that MQ removes inactive connections._I assume the
following happens_:     When a destination does not receive any message for
a long time -> the consumer connection is not active for a long time and
eventually removed on MQ.so I try to send heartbeats so the connection is
always active and won't be removed. And set a grace period so It won't have
unnecessary disconnections.I find a few words about this configuration on
ActiveMQ documentation but that just won't work for me. Maybe it's because
AWS managed AMQ is slightly different....
(https://activemq.apache.org/stomp)Does anyone have any good direction for
me ? Maybe another way of avoiding a dead connection on consumer ?

Re: Configure ActiveMQ (on AWS) for heartbeat read grace period

tabish121@gmail.com
On 1/15/20 10:32 AM, gilp wrote:

> I'm struggling with configuring for coping with broken connections. I'm
> getting the impression that MQ removes inactive connections._I assume the
> following happens_:     When a destination does not receive any message for
> a long time -> the consumer connection is not active for a long time and
> eventually removed on MQ.so I try to send heartbeats so the connection is
> always active and won't be removed. And set a grace period so It won't have
> unnecessary disconnections.I find a few words about this configuration on
> ActiveMQ documentation but that just won't work for me. Maybe it's because
> AWS managed AMQ is slightly different....
> (https://activemq.apache.org/stomp)Does anyone have any good direction for
> me ? Maybe another way of avoiding a dead connection on consumer ?

STOMP heartbeats are documented in the STOMP spec.

http://stomp.github.io/stomp-specification-1.2.html#Heart-beating