Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

xabhi
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I have some confusion regarding the broker stats that are visible in jconsole.

Why TotalConsumerCount != TopicSubscribers + Temporary(topic/queue)Subscribers + QueueSubscribers + DurableTopicSubscribers (excluding InactiveDurableSubscriber)
What should it be equal to in terms of subscriptions?

How does the total consumer count calculated? During addConsumer function?

TotalProducerCount in jconsole is shown as zero but dynamic producer count is 243?

Thanks,
Abhi

Re: Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

xabhi
Ping!
Please clarify this confusion regarding broker stats.

Thanks,
Abhi

Re: Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

samdowning
I am also trying to put some monitoring in place for my ActiveMQ setup and I also observed the same thing in Jconsole regarding the consumer count.

I couldn't find any documentation explaining this. If someone from ActiveMQ team can clear this confusion it would be great.

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

Tim Bain
This wouldn't be hard to figure out for yourself by grabbing the source
code and searching for where those stats are computed; they've got pretty
distinctive names, so that's a pretty easy search to do.

Tim

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:50 AM, samdowning <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am also trying to put some monitoring in place for my ActiveMQ setup and
> also observed the same thing in Jconsole regarding the consumer count.
>
> I couldn't find any documentation explaining this. If someone from ActiveMQ
> team can clear this confusion it would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Re: Clarification regarding broker statistics in jconsole

bansalp
I am also facing problem with these counter.

I can see following values

TotalConsumerCount = 1185

TopicSubscriberCount = 736
TotalDurableConsumerCount = 55
QueueSubscriberCount = 799
InactiveDurableTopicSubscribers = 18
TemporaryQueueSubscribers = 0
TemporaryTopicSubscribers = 0

736 + 55 + 799 = 1590 > 1185

So here why TotalConsumerCount is lesser than total of Topic Subscriber, Queue Subscriber and Durable Consumers.

I have compared value both through jconsole mbean as well as from java code.