Cassandra Persistence Adapter

rododendro
Hi all,
apart from the old and discontinued QSandra project it seems that no one is
interested in a Cassandra persistence adapter, is there any specific reason
to that?

Ivan

Re: Cassandra Persistence Adapter

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Ivan,

I think it's just a question of interest. I worked on the CassandraIO in
Apache Beam and I think we have to be careful the way we are using the
collection for have max performance.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Cassandra Persistence Adapter

rododendro
Hi JB, thank you for your reply.

Cassandra does not support traditional RDBMS transactions (nor XA) so a
Cassandra Persistence Adapter for ActiveMQ would be someway limited.
Nevertheless a such connector looks very  interesting to me for uses cases
which don't need XA, it would allow an extremely HA persistence, based on
one of the most reliable distributed database.

Is kahaDb reliable and well performing ?

Re: Cassandra Persistence Adapter

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi,

Yes, correctly tuned, KahaDB works fine with high volume. I'm using it
in several productions (with master/slave and network of brokers).

Regards
JB